Phil X Viper

• Thread starter msgdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

msgdman

Reaction score
OK, I like Phil X, so shoot me! I am working on a replica of his guitar, got the decal put on today, and found the right size fan grill, just waiting for his custom wound humbucker to show up and I will wire it up. Here she is so far, below that is a video clip of him talking about it.

photo-2.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZWEpSvXgM&feature=relmfu]At Long Last..... PHIL X's CUSTOM LTD VIPER!!.mov - YouTube[/ame]

msgdman

Reaction score
Oh, nice. :)

How's the quality? Those 330's look really nice, especially EC-330 and MH-330.

Dont know yet, gutted it the day I got it and pulled the pickups out without playing it. I will let you know how it feels when I get it running. Quality seems good, well built, action was very nice.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I like him too ... I mean, I don't know anything he's really done, but he seems like someone I'd like personally ... seems like a really nice / fun guy. Those demos he does on youtube are great as well ... great player / great variety of licks on command. Oh, and speaking of Phil X signature gear, I'd love to give his amp a spin (the one modeled after the tonemaster).

msgdman

Reaction score
I like him too ... I mean, I don't know anything he's really done, but he seems like someone I'd like personally ... seems like a really nice / fun guy. Those demos he does on youtube are great as well ... great player / great variety of licks on command. Oh, and speaking of Phil X signature gear, I'd love to give his amp a spin (the one modeled after the tonemaster).

The Evil Robot, I would like to try it also.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
He was filling in for Sambora in Bon Jovi last tour...very good guitar player

Redstone

Reaction score
Dude that is an awesome replica! I'm a huge fan of Phil X. How come you didn't go for his P90 style pickup? I know he uses a humbucker in it a lot too. I'm guessing you just prefer humbuckers :D

thrawn86

Reaction score
So what's the dealieo with the fan grill? Just a fun thing?

msgdman

Reaction score
Dude that is an awesome replica! I'm a huge fan of Phil X. How come you didn't go for his P90 style pickup? I know he uses a humbucker in it a lot too. I'm guessing you just prefer humbuckers :D

His custom pickup is like a P-90 but in a humbucker form (At least thats what he says about it).

Latest posts