Philosphy

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the saying, "what goes around comes around", and others like it? Do you think it's true - that whatever you do whether good, bad or indifferent, comes back around to you eventually?

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Fate is a fickle bird... And yes, I think it is true that you reap what you sow. It is more about your attitude and outlook on life than anything else. If you look for the good in things, you will be happily rewarded. If you are a 'glass half-empty' type of pessimist, your feelings tend to bring everyone down.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely believe your actions can bounce back at ya', but not in a supernatural sort of way. If you're nice to people then people are more likely to be nice in return. Same goes for being an asshole.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are a 'glass half-empty' type of pessimist, your feelings tend to bring everyone down.

I tend to follow the guy on the far right.

3LMKq.jpg

poeman33

Reaction score
SonVolt...thanks for making me spit out water at my desk.

I always try to treat people with respect and do the right thing. I have no idea if it will ever balance out. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. That's just the way life it. It certainly doesn't balance out in life...but that's not why I live my life the way I do. It just makes me feel better about myself.

I have found though one thing that is true. You better be nice to the people you meet on your way up, because you will meet the same people on your way down.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
Karma baby. I'm a firm believer. And Poe is right. I feel better about myself when I'm kind to others, especially strangers.

EL 34

Reaction score
i think most people know right from wrong. the ones that knowingly do wrong harbor negative energy when they do something bad. that negative energy will manifest itself.

there's another saying "no good deed goes unpunished", which i believe in as well. all that means is most people tend to take advantage of good deeds.

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
Fate is a fickle bird... And yes, I think it is true that you reap what you sow. It is more about your attitude and outlook on life than anything else. If you look for the good in things, you will be happily rewarded. If you are a 'glass half-empty' type of pessimist, your feelings tend to bring everyone down.
As an engineer, I say the glass is designed to the wrong specification. Fix the glass and all is well!:cool:

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
I say break the glass. We don't need no stinking boundaries anyway.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
the glass is always full. even without a fluid it has a gas in it called CO2. maybe in space but then it'd be filled with dark matter or some other form of strange substance.

rocknblues

Reaction score
Yes, I definitely believe your actions can bounce back at ya', but not in a supernatural sort of way. If you're nice to people then people are more likely to be nice in return. Same goes for being an asshole.

+1. I also believe that some people go through life finding reasons to be happy, while other people in the same circumstance would find reasons to feel sorry for themselves.