Pipe smoking

• Thread starter SmokeyDopey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sinner 13

Reaction score
Occasionally, I got a Kaywoodie I keep around.
Capt. Black is my default goto, luckily where I'm at there are several small smoke shops still around.
The best being Leavitt & Peirce in Cambridge, so if I am feeling hoity toity I'll go buy some top shelf stuff.
All my other pipes are glass, and filled with water....

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Never smoked a pipe before but I am interested. Only thing that has put me off in the past is the attached stigma of old man syndrome. Nowadays I couldn't give a crap what others think and I'm ready to make the leap. Long long hobbit pipe anyone? Don't know any names or makes so this thread should provide plenty of info for an internerd warrior like myself

Churchwarden? Yeah, I'm trying to make one of those. :D

Here's my current collection:

CAM00081_zpsrfwewage.jpg

:slash:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Occasionally, I got a Kaywoodie I keep around.
Capt. Black is my default goto, luckily where I'm at there are several small smoke shops still around.
The best being Leavitt & Peirce in Cambridge, so if I am feeling hoity toity I'll go buy some top shelf stuff.
All my other pipes are glass, and filled with water....

:naughty:

Kaptain_Krunch

Reaction score
Found a churchwarden (ta Smokey) with a 14" stem that has my interest and possibly my money soon as well

I am Gandalf!

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried another tobacco that I'm really liking so far. Pretty good stuff!
Van Rossems Troost Special Cavendish.

troost-pipe-tobacco.jpg

I tried Troost Black Cavendish as well, but I kinda liked this one better.
So far this stuff and Mac Baren Scottish Blend are turning into my "go-to's". But there are still many to try out...

Found a churchwarden (ta Smokey) with a 14" stem that has my interest and possibly my money soon as well

I am Gandalf!

Nice... I'll post pics of mine when I'm done with it (it may take a while, I'm not goig to the woodshop that often).

Kaptain_Krunch

Reaction score
Looking forward to it Smokey, long journey home tomorrow for me probably with a sore head ( muchos Ron) so adios amigos! Catch y'all in a day or so

sinner 13

Reaction score
I carved up a slick little pocket pipe out of a piece of Osage Orange I had in the shop recently, smokes smooth, but hits like a mack truck....