Played a DSL at rehearsal Friday....im impressed

• Thread starter craigny
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

craigny

Reaction score
Well at the studio Fri, and we get into the room and there is a Mesa and a JCM 2000 DSL..so the other guitarist grabs the Mesa, and i figured thats cool with me as i wanted to check out this Marshall, i tried one out at the local store once for about 2 mins but that was it, so ive been meaning to give one of thesde badboys a try...and i gotta say it sounded AWESOME!!! with a regular JCM900cabinet (i think)...and i diddnt even need my boost pedal for it. Great heavy tones with my Wolfgang, good palm mutting sounds and still extremely "Marshall" sounding...two channnels and and a lead switch....plus the used prices are great on these things....just may need to add one to the aresnal:hmm:

thrawn86

Reaction score
I'd do it. Very versatile, sounds great, can be had for a good price. Was it a 50 or 100 watter?

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Nice to spread the DSL love.:hippie:

I have someone asking about my Mesa/Boogie head and I have been thinking about selling it to him so I can get another DSL. :naughty:

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Nice to spread the DSL love.:hippie:

I have someone asking about my Mesa/Boogie head and I have been thinking about selling it to him so I can get another DSL. :naughty:

I wouldn't man. Variety is where it's at. :dude: You should get an A/B box and take the clean from the DSL and Distortion from the Mesa. Something different. :) I suppose that could be a crime around here though.... lol :)

thrawn86

Reaction score
Aw, come on boys! We all know the 6100 is great, but since you two own about 50% of the remaining stock....and neither you nor anyone else is selling or offering a buy-in..........our boy would be out of luck.

You'd be like the kid who bought the last push-up at the ice cream truck and then bragged about how great it is to the neighborhood kids. :)

jcmjmp

Reaction score
Love the DSL. I've had mine since '97 and its still my #1 amp.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Aw, come on boys! We all know the 6100 is great, but since you two own about 50% of the remaining stock....and neither you nor anyone else is selling or offering a buy-in..........our boy would be out of luck.

You'd be like the kid who bought the last push-up at the ice cream truck and then bragged about how great it is to the neighborhood kids. :)

LOL

He can still find one. Push ups rock.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
...I have been eyeballin' the one on ebay...

icon_peepsofa.gif

Kid Klash

Reaction score
I love my JCM 2000 DSL 100, AND my JCM 900 2500 MKIII too! :dude: