Played an amazing old Marshall today

• Thread starter Shane Stevenson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Stevenson

Reaction score
When I was getting some pickups installed today I played around on an old 1982 JCM Marshall Combo with a set of really old G12s. Man was this amp great!!! Rusted hardware on top, a scratchy master volume, and tears in the tolex…but who cares. This was a gem. The owner told me that 1982 was a good year for the JCM combos and that I probably wouldn’t like anything newer than 82 as much as I did that one. I wanted to buy it but he won’t part with it. Can’t blame him.

Shane Stevenson

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was a 50 watter. It had, from left to right, gain, master, presence, treble, bass. I think that’s right but I could be wrong on the order of tone knobs. The two jacks were on the left. High and low. That’s really all I know other than the year and the freaking amazing tone even at lower volumes. Sorry I’m not the best tech guy. Y’all have to remember, I was all about Dr. Z and Victoria before I was introduced to the SV20 and SC20. Ever since then it’s been all I use.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it was a 50 watter. It had, from left to right, gain, master, presence, treble, bass. I think that’s right but I could be wrong on the order of tone knobs. The two jacks were on the left. High and low. That’s really all I know other than the year and the freaking amazing tone even at lower volumes. Sorry I’m not the best tech guy. Y’all have to remember, I was all about Dr. Z and Victoria before I was introduced to the SV20 and SC20. Ever since then it’s been all I use.
Ah, 4104. :yesway:

Marshallmadness

Reaction score
I’ve got a 82 4010 and it’s absolutely awesome. Same amp except one 12” speaker. It’s been my favorite combo of all time. It came with a well beat g12 65 that would rattle the cone at volume too easy so I stuck a greenback in it for like 15yrs and that sounded good. I recently came across another g12 65 that has been reconed so I got it and installed it. That speaker is tight and takes a beating and belts out absolutely awesome metal tones. I used a 412 cab the other day with my 4010 and dear god that thing cranked. It was heavenly.