Post Your 2555x Settings Please.

• Thread starter 67mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Check it out...just made a really short video of my Jube in the Rhythm clip mode. I am using an OD pedal as a boost. It's my old lady's Iphone so audio quality, while nothing like standing next to the amp, gives you an idea of the amp's brutal cutting nature. It is MUCH, much warmer in person.

Was that Too Fast For One Way To Rock?

I am kidding. :) Nice demo and cool choice of song. :yesway:

JCarno

Reaction score
Its all good Adrian. My 2204 maxxes out at about 5 or six with my pre at about 2oclock, which is where I tend to keep it. Maybe slightly higher..the higher the volume the lower I like to keep the preamp. Mine has 6550s in it also. Your statement maybe true with the pre maxxed. Overall volume is dependant on the pre volume as well. Rock on..the jube sounds pretty good.
That's pretty much the sweet spot for my 4104. :2c:

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have to give the Rhythm clip mode a second look. I tried it and it was perfect for 70's rock. I had not thought about using an OD with the clip. I assume you mean just as a clean boost right?

67mike

Reaction score
Looks like I am going to have to give the Rhythm clip mode a second look. I tried it and it was perfect for 70's rock. I had not thought about using an OD with the clip. I assume you mean just as a clean boost right?

Rhythm clip sounds like a bag of wet asses to me?????

You guys must be setting the input gain quite low?????

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
R Clip does not have near enough distortion for me - neither does old ACDC for that matter. But push it with an OD pedal, it seems like it rocks. I never tried it years ago with mine and just kept using it as cleanish, switch to Lead channel and a clean boost in loop. Maybe I'll play today...

Rozman62

Reaction score
That's pretty much the sweet spot for my 4104. :2c:
Same, same as I have both 2204 and 4104. Can't get either past 2 in the 2 dozen clubs I play in. I can't escape this blitzkrieg ad campaigns going on with the 2555x. Between FB and others I see the ads everyday. I had a dream I bought one last night. I have 9 amps so don't need it, want it.

JCarno

Reaction score
R Clip does not have near enough distortion for me - neither does old ACDC for that matter. But push it with an OD pedal, it seems like it rocks. I never tried it years ago with mine and just kept using it as cleanish, switch to Lead channel and a clean boost in loop. Maybe I'll play today...
I dig that crunchy AC/DCish tone for AC/DC and some other 70s type music but that's about it.
My JVM and Laney handle the high gain stuff. :cheers:

Adrian R

Reaction score
The rhythm clip mode is really cool...please note my sort of crude clip on the last page. Of course I think the lead channel is better, but I like using the Jube as a two channel amp...and it works well for that...but you need an OD pedal. You just have to find the right compromise in eq and gain, not to mention the pedal to find the right balance. With the Jube's ultra sensitive EQ; NO PROBLEM...that amp wails man..stock... Buries a stock DSL..and is as punchy as a 2203 in 100w mode..BUT with more gain! This is why I think it is a better option then a 2203X, or an original 03/04. I cannot comment enough on how well this thing is built man. I love the cabinet...really strong, great paint job, good glue lines..pride man... Marshall put some pride in it...and hence one of the reasons why I like it so much.

Last edited:

mygodbecareful

Reaction score
I dont have any settings to post yet, but I have made a blank preset template in pdf form to print out and save your settings. See if it works for you.

Attachments

• Marshall JCM 2550 2555X Silver Jubilee Reissue(Settings Template).pdf
    169.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 23

wmachine

Reaction score
Has anyone jumpered the FX loop? I have not tried this yet, but don't know a lot about the effects of doing that. Is there a reason *not* to try it? I'm asking specifically about the 2555X, but would welcome comments about the practice in general.