• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Pre-amp valve of a Marshall Mini Jubilee

Marco m

Reaction score
Hi,
I just received a Marshall Mini Jubilee 2525h. It's the first time that I get a tube amp.

I see that one of the 3 preamp tubes is covered by something that looks like "a guitar slide". So I can't see if it lights up or not. How do I know if this tube is fine?
From the sound I can't say because as I said, this is my first tube amp.

Thank you!!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just received a Marshall Mini Jubilee 2525h. It's the first time that I get a tube amp.

I see that one of the 3 preamp tubes is covered by something that looks like "a guitar slide". So I can't see if it lights up or not. How do I know if this tube is fine?
From the sound I can't say because as I said, this is my first tube amp.

Thank you!!
:welcome: & HNAD
Welcome - and happy new Marshall amp day!

That's an interference shield on the V1 (first) tube.
Keeps out unwanted external signals from getting amplified through the signal chain.
It comes off with a simple twist if you want to see the tube or if you need to change it.

Marco m

Reaction score
:welcome: & HNAD
Welcome - and happy new Marshall amp day!

That's an interference shield on the V1 (first) tube.
Keeps out unwanted external signals from getting amplified through the signal chain.
It comes off with a simple twist if you want to see the tube or if you need to change it.

Thank you :)
So it means that if I don't hear any weird noise everything should be fine, right?

Latest posts