Preamp Tubes? - Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How?

• Thread starter joshuaaewallen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember the Green Door in Ark City, but I don't think they ever had live music. I've been to Winfield many, many times. (I still go to the big Winfield Walnut River Music Festival in September.)

Yes, I can't remember the name of the place in North Ponca, but it used to be quite popular. Pretty good sized place if I recall. $600 a night sounds about right for that place. I seem to recall that the owner was from old Kaw City. Didn't the road out in the front of the club take you to new Kaw City?

And you must be referring to "Herpeopias." To be honest, I only went over there maybe a dozen times when it was hopping. I was dating a really pretty girl at the time, so I really didn't need to go over there to "hook up" and catch the clap.

:lol:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to meet you solarburn! this has been fun! ol marty probably running away now after seeing my mug LOL! Yes,, that is my man cave! All is mine. I have more marshalls.. that's where my heart is.

Holy crappalotta cool gear batman!

Looks like fun to me man. Gat damn!:dude:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
This is me, second from the left with the long, black hair in 1991. I don't have many pictures anymore. My first wife split on me and took a bunch of my photos (which ended up getting thrashed). My second wife threw out any picture of me with another chick.

martystrat54-albums-rockin-band-days-phoenix-picture1402-ah-sweet-days-hard-rock-1991-such-very-good-year-old-1958-chevy-big-lead-sled-took-us-our-guitars-show.jpg

hacksaw

Reaction score
I remember the Green Door in Ark City, but I don't think they ever had live music. I've been to Winfield many, many times. (I still go to the big Winfield Walnut River Music Festival in September.)

Yes, I can't remember the name of the place in North Ponca, but it used to be quite popular. Pretty good sized place if I recall. $600 a night sounds about right for that place. I seem to recall that the owner was from old Kaw City. Didn't the road out in the front of the club take you to new Kaw City?

And you must be referring to "Herpeopias." To be honest, I only went over there maybe a dozen times when it was hopping. I was dating a really pretty girl at the time, so I really didn't need to go over there to "hook up" and catch the clap.

Ok then is there a lantern bar in windfield? I remember it being north of town . Oh well. Then you know of ol roger sparks of sparks music LOL.

Yes, the road did go to kaw city. I was thinking Hubbard road but not sure.. Hiway 11?

That's it! Someone give Marty a cigar! :D

Solarburn you're gonna love this, Paul harvey show, announced (Cassiopias) herpiopias as the capitial of the united states for deseases LOL!! it was known from there on out as herpitopias. I never heard the show, only the after effects. LOL The place died really quickly after that.

Great chatting with you on this old stuff, Marty. Thanks.

hacksaw

Reaction score
This is me, second from the left with the long, black hair in 1991. I don't have many pictures anymore. My first wife split on me and took a bunch of my photos (which ended up getting thrashed). My second wife threw out any picture of me with another chick.

Seem familiar... Nice to meet ya! same here.. first wife, hell she even tried to hide my les paul, that was grounds enough for divorce. , and then a house fire in 1985 and all my pics were burned up. Sucks doesn't it. All that history just freaking gone.

Oh, I've been single since August 1999.

Still on wife #2 since 1986. Soo far. :fingersx:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I went to Northern Oklahoma College in 1982-84 and was the guitarist for the Roustabouts. I don't know if you are familiar with the Roustabouts, but they were sponsored by the college and have played all over the world.

Waddy Pass is a former Roustabout guitarist. I got to see him three years ago when they had a huge Roustabout reunion. I had to make that one. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok then is there a lantern bar in windfield? I remember it being north of town . Oh well. Then you know of ol roger sparks of sparks music LOL.

Yes, the road did go to kaw city. I was thinking Hubbard road but not sure.. Hiway 11?

That's it! Someone give Marty a cigar! :D

Solarburn you're gonna love this, Paul harvey show, announced (Cassiopias) herpiopias as the capitial of the united states for deseases LOL!! it was known from there on out as herpitopias. I never heard the show, only the after effects. LOL The place died really quickly after that.

Great chatting with you on this old stuff, Marty. Thanks.

That just "taint" right!:eek2:

hacksaw

Reaction score
I went to Northern Oklahoma College in 1982-84 and was the guitarist for the Roustabouts. I don't know if you are familiar with the Roustabouts, but they were sponsored by the college and have played all over the world.

Waddy Pass is a former Roustabout guitarist. I got to see him three years ago when they had a huge Roustabout reunion. I had to make that one. I got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time.

I went to NOC, LOL Man, this is crazy!

Well kick butt! They put on a great show. I remember seeing the show in, oh crap,. here I go again, 1975 maybe? The show was quite amazing! it inspired me. The entire stage production was fantastic. That must be some great memories!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlie don't like bad tuna. That's too bad. When its good...its real good.

Well at least most guys heard it was bad. Hate to have gone in and found out the hard way.:mad:

Last edited:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Well I graduated from Blackwell High School in 1972. I was 17. My best friend was a real good bass player named Bob Hood.

I moved to Brownsville, Texas in 1973, but only stayed a year. When I came back, Bob was the bass player for the Roustabouts and Mike Minton was the guitar player. These two guys started a group (with horns which was popular in 1974) and did a lot of playing in Stillwater.

One day, when I was 18, Bob had me pick up these two drop dead beauties. One was Lisa Cannady and the other was Bonnie Heilman. Lisa's dad was the basketball coach and Bonnie's dad ran the NOC music department. His name was Bill. He started the Roustabouts. His son now holds that position with the college. I almost married Bonnie, but instead, realized I was getting way too high and joined the Air Force instead.

Anyway, I pretty much knew all of the staff over at the college. When I decided to go back to school in 1982, Bill gave me a full music scholarship. The only problem is that I did not want to be a music major. So to swing all of this and qualify for my scholarship, I was taking like 20-22 hours per semester. Anyway, like everyone before me, I started a band with the drummer and bass player. It was during this time that David DuVal came into the picture. This project lasted until I left Blackwell in 1984 for Phoenix. I played in the Phoenix scene for many years. My longest project was nine years with a band called the Condors. I really have slacked down a lot in the past year and a half. I just don't have the time to play like I used to. I'm 57 right now and I had a little gig with three other guys up here near Kansas City, but that dissolved and I actually live in a town called Atchison and there is zero action here.

hacksaw

Reaction score
That's it! Norms. Good memory you have. Mine, not so much. I gotta crash.. will chat with you guys later! Been super fun and a pleasure. Thank you. Nite!

johnfv

Reaction score
...did a lot of playing in Stillwater...
I played there a couple times around '81 or so. Can't remember the name but some massive club in an old theater. The gig was several days and they gave you a band "apartment" upstairs around back, you wanted a full body condom just to lie on the beds. Good times...

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years guys!

In case I don't get back on tonite. No drinky drivey!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUQT4hykPd0&feature=related]ACDC Have A Drink on Me - YouTube[/ame]

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I'm in between action right now. I've been to a dinner and had a few drinks. I am leaving in a few hours to meet some friends at a bar. I have a big Chiefs/Broncos football party tomorrow.

Johnfv-The biggest, most well known bar in Stillwater is Eskimo Joe's. I used to party at it when it was under a different name. That was so long ago, I can't remember what it was. I always remember seeing a band called Zuider Zee. The lead guitarist was thrashed on something, but he played flawlessly. We used to go up there on Friday nights for 10 cent beer night. Later, it was sold and became Eskimo Joe's. Does that name ring a bell? They have always had live music there.

johnfv

Reaction score
...The biggest, most well known bar in Stillwater is Eskimo Joe's. I used to party at it when it was under a different name...
I have a feeling that is it, same place but previous name. Massive place with a big stage...