predictions for 2023 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame nominees

10kDA

Reaction score
Honestly I don't follow ceremonies like these, nor do I understand the qualifications to be considered. I'd nominate Ed Wynne for some sort of award though.
Likewise. It seems to be an event that exists just to be an event, sort of like televised, commercially-sponsored NFL draft days. At least with the Grammys you know the criteria for getting an award include how much the industry and its hacks have been enriched by a performer's artistic (or otherwise) expression, as measured in units sold.

chocol8

Reaction score
first of all - I'm surprised that no one had anything to say when I originally posted this back in January... bummer... secondly, to anyone that is interested - the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame will be announcing the official 2023 inductees on Wednesday, May 3rd.

The Rock hall lost all credibility when it was simply an award for Jann Wenner liking you, and many of the inductees had little or nothing to do with rock. I ignore them, but I assume the nominations will be geared towards selling a few issues of Rollingstone to the few Boomers who are left who still read about music. I'll pass.

Beryllium-9

Reaction score
Reminds of Kurt Cobain getting kudos for his guitar skills over those that are clearly more talented and creative. Grammys, RnR Hall of Fame, Emmy Awards, etc.. seem to be administered by people like Kevin Bacon and others who also enjoy everything about budlight.

This song comes to mind:

Last edited:

10kDA

Reaction score
I read in different places that both Steve Miller and Maureen Tucker have referred to it as the "Rock N Roll Hall Of Lame". Given the extremely different places those two have come from and gone, I would guess they have entirely different, but equally valid, reasons for using the same term :lol:

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Whoever the nominees are, there’s a good chance none will be what many of us consider rock and roll. I was there a dozen years or so ago. It had some interesting stuff and history, but a lot of other stuff too. Maybe Rock and Pop and Rap and… Hall of Fame.

It would be a lot cooler if it was more focused and was not so diluted with other genres. I have no plans on another visit.

taylodl

Reaction score
You know what I don't give a rat's ass about? Whoever is inducted into the RRHOF. You'll be better off listening to more music than worrying about whatever it is they're doing. Why care?

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
So lame. Most aren’t even rock. Cheryl Crow and rage against the machine are the only rock groups in that list.

PelliX

Reaction score
So lame. Most aren’t even rock. Cheryl Crow and rage against the machine are the only rock groups in that list.

The White Stripes and Iron Maiden don't count...?

RCM 800

Reaction score
For2024 i predict Boy George and Loretta Lynn.

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
The White Stripes and Iron Maiden don't count...?
Didn’t see them on the inductee list yesterday.

• Kate Bush.
  • Sheryl Crow.
  • Missy Elliott.
  • George Michael.
  • Willie Nelson.
  • Rage Against the Machine.
  • The Spinners.
My bad, there’s more: These are singer Chaka Khan, instrumentalist-producer Al Kooper and lyricist Bernie Taupin, all in the “musical excellence” category; pioneering rock guitarist Link Wray and hip-hop originator DJ Kool Herc in the “musical influence” division; and “Soul Train” TV host Don Cornelius as the recipient of the annual Ahmet Ertegun Award.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
its very clear that the R&R H.o.F. does not like heavy rock, punk, or metal. to induct R.A.T.M. before inducting Soundgarden and Iron Maiden is just inexcusable. last year they passed up the MC5 that was one of the potential nominees.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
it's because it's been politicized... not necessarily in the case of gov politics, but, it has a politics of it's own, which can include gov politics as well...

for the most part, RRHOF, was intended to give honor to those who have made a lasting impact, on generations to follow. At some point, in the politics of it all, it became somewhat of a "good ol' boys" club. An elitist club of sorts, where you had to be a card carrying member to get in. You either had to have a friend, or relative on the board...

They probably have a secret password & handshake required to be nominated/accepted.

but... it has almost zero to do w/ music... & even less to do w/ rock & roll

it's more about who you drink/party w/...

Trelwheen

Delicious AND Satisfying
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOF has been a joke for years. Hollywood has recently followed suit.

Piss on em.

I'm going to like what I want to like, as always.

How about some enterprising young entrepreneurs coming up with a whole new Hall of Fame with a little authenticity?

Same for the motion picture academy

playloud

Reaction score
The entire concept of a "hall of fame" is surely about as antithetical as it gets to the "rock and roll ethos", no?

The Groucho Marx quote sums it up.

"No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones - in 1977!"