Price Check - 1969 Slant Cabinet With Original G12h Speakers.

• Thread starter coldengray
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Need some help on a fair price for a 1969 slant cabinet. It has:

- original G12H speakers with no issues
- original speaker harness
- original logo still intact
- one spot of missing tolex on the bottom lip
- overall a high grade players cabinet.

Any ideas on price for this? The seller wants $2800 - fair?

64Vibroverb

Reaction score
I've seen another that sounds in similar condition for several hundred more. So I'd guess that's fair.

strato2009

Reaction score
There's one locally for 1800 euros but tolex is quite damaged. I would estimate 2000-2500 euros to be a fair price for one in great condition(altough seems steep for cab only)

BygoneTones

Reaction score
I dont think basketweave period is really old enough to be bought as an investment. Its the pinstripe stuff that is going to go up over the years in my opinion. Also take ebay prices with a pinch of salt.

Asking price / price realised
are completely different to value.

Price realised is completely down to the seller and how he wants to sell it. Whereas value mostly depends on the items condition and collectability.

For example you might have a speaker cab worth around £1200 based on its condition and collectability, yet a lazy or unknowing seller might let it go for £250, or someone optimistic might ask £2000 for that same item. The seller is the variable here, not the item itself.

This is why prices seem to fluctuate when you look at ebay.

Also people seem to think if they auction something off on ebay the value fairy will come along and make it sell for exactly what it is worth. This is nonsense. Auctions are a gamble, sometimes you get what things are worth or maybe even more, and sometimes things sell way under value. Again this also has a lot to do with the seller and how he goes about his auction listing.

Last edited:

coldengray

VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like a good deal. It goes back to a thread I posted about the value of vintage. Those cabs were around that same price 10 years ago so there is no investment value to them

Thanks mate. I don't look at my amps/guitars/etc. as investment. If I can get back what I put into them, great. I agree the deal is fair...not a smoking deal, not a ripoff.

Last edited: