• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Problems With New Setup.

DILL

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post on this site so im a bit excited to hear back.

I recently got a used DSL15H head and im running it into a 2x12 cab with two celestion rocket 50 nady speakers inside. Its my first tube setup and im having trouble getting my desired early Metallica sound. The problem is it seems to cut out and get a washy sound in the bass when doing alot of fast palm muting. If someone has a solution or anything helpful it would be appreciated alot.

dreyn77

Reaction score
This amp might get you a better sound than Metallica's!

So just enjoy it!

You might be about to get Metallica's YouTube sound. Are you impressed?! That would be something! Good luck!

royslead

Reaction score
What are your settings? What previous amp and speaker setup were you using to achieve that sound before (if any)? I don't think I would expect much from those speakers, but I do not have first hand experience with them, either.

Try turning the bass down, mids and treble up, presence at about half (to start with), and turn the gain down a bit.

DILL

Reaction score
I've played it with the settings adjusted any way I can. I've got pretty close with presence(10)bass(3)mids(1)treb(5-10)vol(3-10)gain(10)
My uncle has some tubes were gonna try to use to replace factory ones to get a better sound I'll let u know how that goes when we get em in thx everyone!!

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Try pressing the Tone Shift button in also, it's there for the scooped-mids stuff :)

GT08

Reaction score
One thing you need is Bass......which means moving air.
The right valves and speaker/cab will aid this.
One of the main problems with smaller valve amps and solid state amps is they just won't do it.

Last edited: