Props to Dogs of Doom and members

• Thread starter What?
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What?

Reaction score
Just saying that it's good to see everyone watching out for others on this forum on avoiding scammer bs. And big props to Dogs of Doom for digging into the the latest JTM45 thread started by a scammer who hijacked a legit account of a member here. :jam:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
no problem...

it was a collective effort. The JTM thread was gaining some drama & a few reports... I saw the post when he made it, & crossroads asked me about it when he 1st saw it, so, we were watching. Once the drama started to play out, it was time to nip it in the bud...

He also made one w/ a Suhr amp...

I was lucky, the guy who's account was hijacked, was easy to find, because he has a pretty big & public fingerprint. His info was easy to find, as well, so I contacted him, & he proved that we were right...

That said, he did almost get the better of some on here. A few things you can do, is not to do Paypal f&f... or Venmo.... unless you actually know the person, or, they are an active participant & have a great reputation.

One lucky thing was... one guy, who tried to transact w/ him (f&f) Paypal refused to let the transaction go through, saving the member here. If Paypal is blocking a transaction, find out why, don't just press it by trying to work around the block. That's a safety for them (Paypal) & you...

Use caution, do as much vetting as you can - due diligence, as always stated.

One thing about the botched transaction, is, that, the guy from the account is from Spain. Somehow the scammer knew that, said he was from Spain, but, in the States & moving back. The guy had an Asian name, like Cambodian, or Vietnamese... That should throw a red flag...

Anyway, we all work to make ends meet & getting ripped off sucks. I don't want to get ripped off, & I don't want any of you to get ripped off.

Don't be paranoid, but, be wise & not so trusting. Even amongst friends, it's still business...

cccc

Reaction score
The JTM 45 thread ? You mean somebody actually attempted to purchase that amp at it's 25K asking price, OMG LOL.

Kuga

Reaction score
The JTM 45 thread ? You mean somebody actually attempted to purchase that amp at it's 25K asking price, OMG LOL.
No. A current JTM45 that scam seller want sell It for 1000$ but really quick drope the price at 800$. He wanted payment with PayPal F&F. It's an amp you can wire the power transformer to work at 230/115 Vca.

guitarbilly74

Reaction score
Yeah I had a bad feeling about that thread. Called it out and he said he would report me for doing it. Even a bigger red flag.

Thankfully, the mods were already on it and did great work cleaning it finding the rightful owner of the account. These scammers are getting into everything these days so it's good to have such a great mod team here :yesway: