proudest achievement of 2009

• Thread starter rhys_wtb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rhys_wtb

Reaction score
whats the best thing you have achieved this year?

for me, it would be my bands first gig at birmingham o2 academy 3

how about yourselves? :hippie:

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Mine would be working before summer and all summer long and even a little after, to pay for my 1960 cab and JCM 800 2204.

carnada

Reaction score
mine is working all summer in order to get my equipment. I also saw KISS, and Metallica, mmmm I also got to kiss a girl. My hair is pretty long and its really awesome, I got tickets for Megadeth, Slayer, Testament. I got to talk with Nicko McBrain, and Rob Halford. yeah, thats it.

Adwex

Reaction score
I somehow managed to be in two bands, as the only guitarist in each. This week, I have two gigs, one with each band, at the same venue, two days apart, the first one is New Year's Eve.

Oh, almost forgot...I also became Moderator of the Marshall Forum.

Cardiac Tom

Reaction score
Both of my bands are doing well...

One of them signed to a really decent label, which means will be busy in 2010. I'll post info once everything is locked in...

thrawn86

Reaction score
I didn't become evicted or starve despite working 50% less and survived on unemployment along with my wife and two boys under 6 years old. Not bad.

Buggs.Crosby

Reaction score
I didn't become evicted or starve despite working 50% less and survived on unemployment along with my wife and two boys under 6 years old. Not bad.
I'm totally with ya dude....12 and 7 both girls yet Mom (aka the wife) keeps us afloat...Mr. Mom...that i am unfortunately

thrawn86

Reaction score
I'm totally with ya dude....12 and 7 both girls yet Mom (aka the wife) keeps us afloat...Mr. Mom...that i am unfortunately

No shame in that, Buggs. Just don't let the wife make you put on lingerie and prance around after a hard day with the kids, housework and cleaning, unless you want to.

zfmusic

Reaction score
No shame in that, Buggs. Just don't let the wife make you put on lingerie and prance around after a hard day with the kids, housework and cleaning, unless you want to.

Haha, made me think of this song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TTXdsCtvw&feature=fvw]YouTube - Lonestar - Mr. Mom[/ame]

But to keep things on topic, I didn't accomplish anything this year but 2010 is looking good.

jaek

Reaction score
Saved up 1000 dollars for a Marshall and 2x12. Not very exciting but a huge thing for me as I never have any cash.

CKCinMass

Reaction score
I got custody of my 2 girls 9 & 11 (neat trick to pull off in the state os Massachusetts)!

I also brought a '80 2204 back from the dead (got it for $50.00 back in 1988). It had been butchered by it's previous owner (he had visions of splicing a Scholz Rockman into the circuitry.....WTF????). It was totally dead on arrival. Back in '88 there were no forums or downloadable schematics so it sat for 20 years. Restoring the wiring from inside the power transformer (idiot had clipped the wires about 1" from the transformer), installed new pots, filter caps, tubes (did a proper conversion from 6550 to EL34 while I was under the hood) and it RIPS! I'm probably not completely done tinkering with it (I'm contemplating a PTP board with upgraded components) but I am very pleased with how it sounds as is.

woodddj

Reaction score
my proudest achievement was to make it to 2010 and still be alive and breathing.