Purchased a 1978 JMP 2203

• Thread starter NewReligion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score

AndyHz

Reaction score
Hey man, that's actually my JMP that you bought. Just sent it fedex today, you're going to love it. Run it 50w and let her crank!

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, that's actually my JMP that you bought. Just sent it fedex today, you're going to love it. Run it 50w and let her crank!

Really cool.

So I have to ask. Why let go of the 1978 JMP? Also is there anything else you can tell me about the amp. (From the photo) It looks like there have been a couple of component changes in addition to the Bias Resistor. Did it at one time have 6550 Power Tubes?

Thanks, I'm sure it will be a great amp.

N R :cheers:

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Also if you have a Youtube/otherwise recording of the amp, posting it here would be great.

N R

AndyHz

Reaction score
I'm the second owner. It did come with 6550s but I had it changed to els. This really was my first love gear wise. Reason why Im letting go is because I just picked up a 69 super bass at a ridiculous price.. I have it posted on the vintage page. I do have stuff on YouTub ill have to check.lookup a video by a user name bread casket. I think its called track 12

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm the second owner. It did come with 6550s but I had it changed to els. This really was my first love gear wise. Reason why Im letting go is because I just picked up a 69 super bass at a ridiculous price.. I have it posted on the vintage page. I do have stuff on YouTub ill have to check.lookup a video by a user name bread casket. I think its called track 12

Cheers, thanks for the info. I found Breadcasket. Nothing under Track 12 but a lot of interesting Somerville stuff lol.

David :cheers:

AndyHz

Reaction score
Na not us. Those guys are our pals tho. Just for what it's worth. I have run so many types of tubes thru that thing, I really foundnthat the tungsols were the best. I'd stick with tungsols or Chinese 12ax7s for the preamplifier too. I've also used a hotplate when I had it running at a 100w but found it kinda thinner sounding. Best for me was 50w with a tubescreamer. I know you'll love it man, enjoy.

Latest posts