• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Question On Modded Jcm800 4010

thomasec

Reaction score
A JCM800 4010 combo just showed up in my area, and I have been looking for a clean one for about a year now. It looks like it's in great shape, but the owner just informed me that it had a push/pull mod done to it. I'll just post what he said:

"The amp has a push-pull pot modification on the master volume. I forget exactly what part of the circuit it modifies, but it cuts a resistor and the result is an amazingly clean, natural overdrive"

I'm not especially tech savvy, so if anyone could give me an idea of what this mod does, I would really appreciate it! D

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
A JCM800 4010 combo just showed up in my area, and I have been looking for a clean one for about a year now. It looks like it's in great shape, but the owner just informed me that it had a push/pull mod done to it. I'll just post what he said:

"The amp has a push-pull pot modification on the master volume. I forget exactly what part of the circuit it modifies, but it cuts a resistor and the result is an amazingly clean, natural overdrive"

I'm not especially tech savvy, so if anyone could give me an idea of what this mod does, I would really appreciate it! D
Welcome to the forum new brother, I cannot answer your question, but be patient others here with more knowledge than I will come along and help you! Cheers Mitch

thomasec

Reaction score
Yeah, apologies for the vague post! I'm trying to get in touch with the amp tech who did the mod, but it sounds like this is actually a "bright cap" mod based on what the amp sounds like, and what I've read online.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Gut shots for sure!

Anyway, I have this amp and it is one amazing amp!

Congrats and welcome to the forum?

thomasec

Reaction score
So I found another JCM800 4010 that is unmodified, with the G12-65 speaker. What do you think, should I get it?

SuV9kTs.jpg

Pi20Nyu.jpg

RV9LlTc.jpg

PgQxr8a.jpg

eX5t8Y9.jpg

pRLpTMt.jpg

I will pretty much do whatever you guys tell me to do.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
So I found another JCM800 4010 that is unmodified, with the G12-65 speaker. What do you think, should I get it?

Duh!! :applause:
Just kidding!! Well yeah if it's within budget and that's what you're after. Fantastic little amp. Your decision though.

Or, if you're rignt about doing whatever then send it to me!!:D

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

SuV9kTs.jpg

Pi20Nyu.jpg

RV9LlTc.jpg

PgQxr8a.jpg

eX5t8Y9.jpg

pRLpTMt.jpg

That looks new, the one little snag in the tolex is nothing a black marker can’t doll up, if you have the coin snag it, and ad to the ever growing stable of Marshall’s

Gutch220

Reaction score
I wish I had a 50w JCM800 2x12 combo instead of a 100w head & 4x12