R.I.P Jeff Beck

• Thread starter Harlequin tusk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun

I feel like I got punched in my face....
Yeah, I felt like I got punched in the gut myself when I heard the news a few hours ago..It was weird, earlier today I was reading an interview with him in an old copy of GP I had laying around..

There's a LOT of players I've admired and been influenced by over the years, but if I had to name the top five, it would be Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, and Pete Townsend.

We've lost one of the truly great ones..RIP Jeff, and thanks for all the great music!

Last edited:

guitarzan2525

Reaction score
Wow, what a loss.
I saw Jeff for the first time in 1999 (SDSU Open Air Theatre, San Diego State University) with Jennifer Batten as his guitarist. What a show!
Saw him the last time in 2018 (North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre in Chula Vista - with Paul Rodgers and Ann Wilson)...

RIP Jeff....

SHREDNECK

Reaction score
A Guitar Virtuoso Like No Other.

I admire his Bigger- Than- Life mostly original Rock and Blues -- Among his primary staples, and master craft but I really admired his Jazz offerings and Fusion the most.

Shit, I never knew his actual age -- more and more people are living into their '90's and beyond. IMHO he passed far too soon.

The news of his diagnosis of Bacterial Meningitis is a complete shocker -- I've read up on this disease, and it's a really rough, agonizing way to go.

So sorry that I never caught him live, but I would indulge in his YouTube vids copiously.

Rest In Peace, JB.

Last edited:

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there was a more widely respected guitarist than Jeff......

188382d8-0795-4706-8999-3e19de1e796e-2060x1236.jpeg

RIP

Peace