R.I.P. Jeff LaBar of Cinderella

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
Jeff from Cinderella passed away. Those guys rocked it live.

apparently he had some drinking and substance issues.

only 5 years older than me, sad.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Damn. Great musician. He admitted years ago that his drinking problem was why Cinderella quit touring together. I heard recently he’d gotten on the right track and was doing chef stuff. Dude may have relapsed and went off the deep end. RIP brother.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
Sad to hear. I saw them in the 80s head lining with White Lion, Warrant and Tangier. They caught me off guard. Great show. Jeff's guitar solo was unique. Instead of the normal wailing everybody did he came out with an Ovation acoustic and a pack of Marlboro Reds and sat on the edge of the stage and picked. Thought it was great!!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the autopsy report. If alcohol related, maybe cirrhosis of the liver? I just looked up the interview that @Bloodrock had mentioned, and it sounds decades in the making ... cocaine abuse throughout the 80's, heroin abuse throughout the 90's, and now booze here in the 2000's (though, I'm sure booze was a big part all throughout). He was almost shockingly open about it, and referred to himself as Motley Crue & Guns n Roses all wrapped up into one (party wise).

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Only two years older than me. I've reached the stage in life where everybody I outlive just reinforces the fact that time is passing and nobody gets out of here alive. Time is the fire in which we all burn. I eat fairly right and get tons of exercise and don't drink or smoke and have never even tried drugs. Life will be too short without making it shorter with bad choices.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Only two years older than me. I've reached the stage in life where everybody I outlive just reinforces the fact that time is passing and nobody gets out of here alive. Time is the fire in which we all burn. I eat fairly right and get tons of exercise and don't drink or smoke and have never even tried drugs. Life will be too short without making it shorter with bad choices.
either you die living, or you live dying...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
either you die living, or you live dying...

That's from a movie, right? That very quote showed up on my youtube recommendations this afternoon.

Speaking of weird timing ... I was listening to Hair Nation yesterday, and the guy hosting was talking about how, more than any other band, he wanted to see Cinderella get back together and go on one last tour ... and hours later? This news. Talk about bad timing. I hope that doesn't start a Hair Nation jinx!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
That's from a movie, right? That very quote showed up on my youtube recommendations this afternoon.

Speaking of weird timing ... I was listening to Hair Nation yesterday, and the guy hosting was talking about how, more than any other band, he wanted to see Cinderella get back together and go on one last tour ... and hours later? This news. Talk about bad timing. I hope that doesn't start a Hair Nation jinx!
IDK if it's a saying that's been thrown around, or not. I've said it for a long time...

When I was a teenager, I went in to see the DR, & they said that my cholesterol levels were through the roof.

So, the DR had me cut out fried foods. No french fries, potato chips, deep fry, etc. Ok, so, when I went back to the Dr., my levels didn't change. So, he had me cut out all red meat... I went back again (1 month between visits) & nothing changed. Then he said, cut out all chicken...

I tried if for a while, but, that's when I thought that up.

My levels never changed, even if I went vegetarian...

I figured I could suffer myself a miserable life & live long, or live life w/ the flavors available & die young... :shrug:...

My cholesterol is still high...

But... I eat steak, shrimp, chicken, etc... :yum::eddie: