R.I.P. Jeff LaBar of Cinderella

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
58 is way too young... Amazing member of an amazing band, one of the best of that era. And I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the cognitive dissonance between their glammed up image and the straight ahead blues rock they were playing. These first three albums are awesome...
RIP

MarshallDog

Reaction score
They were an incredibly talented band, and I still love them all these years later.

I still say TK was one of the best frontmen of the time ... voice/looks/stage presence/the whole package. Criminally underrated. I'm not gay, but man, he had some beautiful eyes.

Man thats one hell of a crowd!!!!

So can you please explain Jeffs roll? Was he the lead guitar player and he sand a few songs or what. I loved them back in the day but was more interested in drinking pumping iron and chics, college and some geetar playing than analyzing bands. I have Wiki'd them but it just isn't clear?!

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Man thats one hell of a crowd!!!!

So can you please explain Jeffs roll? Was he the lead guitar player and he sand a few songs or what. I loved them back in the day but was more interested in drinking pumping iron and chics, college and some geetar playing than analyzing bands. I have Wiki'd them but it just isn't clear?!

no Tom played lead for most songs but like most bands they shared the duty.
my fav band of the 80s along with vanhalen.

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
yeah. he was a hired gun. came in somewhere around the Heart Break Station era.
sad times. RIP Gary
Yeah before him they had Rick Crinitti (spelling?) whom they referred to as their secret weapon on keys.
Lots of keys in their first albums, some more ambient and some way up front like long cold winter.
Saw them on that tour, with Winger and Bulletboys. Amazing talent that night, all 3 bands were on their game. I was amazed with Tom as I didn’t know he was the lead guy on guitar.
Winger was some of the most amazing musicianship I’ve ever seen, before or since. Every one was top notch, and for Kip to be playing, singing, and dancing at the same time? Crazy. Those are NOT straight 4/4 songs.
Bulletboys came out and Marc had a swagger and almost looked like arrogance, then he pulled the mic way back and belted out the beginning of smooth up, I don’t think I’ve seen many with that power.
It’s funny how many people lump “hair bands” and”no talent” in the same sentence, these guys live were all the cream of the crop players. Yeah the songs were poppy In some cases but they were doing this for a living, the point was to make sales. It’s a product.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
...It’s funny how many people lump “hair bands” and” no talent” in the same sentence, ...

Agreed. Personally, I find it insulting and ironic that the "best decade in Rock n Roll" end up being defined by the last, most undeserving band ever signed to a record company, these four tarts, who all but singlehandedly killed and punctuated an otherwise phenomenal decade of great music, radio, and music TV:

iu

Seriously, "un-skinny bop"? ..."un-skinny"? This wasn't Rock n Roll at all, this was a silly Los Angeles circus act. I remember buying the first record, listening to side 1, then taking it and chucking it out of my 2nd story apartment window. Yeah I'm sure they all were, and perhaps still are, "the nicest guys in the world", but we're talking about Rock n Roll being reduced to a Disney cartoon for 13 yr. old's here, and being set on a pedestal high enough to represent an entire genre of music.

Still, at the end of the day, they're not the ones to blame, it's their record company. Heck, anybody would sign a contract if picking your @ss on a stage in front of thousands of people granted you what these four were given, ate up, and then vomited.

DAMMIT, now I'm all pissed OFF! :mad:

Last edited: