Rack Midi Controller Users? I Need Your Help.

• Thread starter Mosher Zone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

4Horseman

Reaction score
Alright Mosher, I'm finished with my Saturday morning chores. I'm going in, I'll report back to you soon about what I see.

4Horseman

Reaction score
Well, I don't see anything to clean as I expected. The arm on the pedal connects to a tiny pcb with an LED on it. On the main board there's an optical looking thing, perhaps that lexan piece? Im guessing as the LED changes distance from the optical piece, the voltage is varied. I'll upload pics later right now im searching the web to try and identity what this component is and if it is replaceable and how to test.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
The X-11 won't connect to the Rocktron Exp pedal....
The Rocktron EXP pedal from what I know (I don't own one) still uses 1/4" instrument cables....and would connect to the back of the rack unit (if the rack unit has those ports...like TC G Major or Rocktron units do).
I looked at them, they just connect like you said but only my DHP-33 has that port & i can't see a way from the manual to send CC messages from that to the Legend II, i'm going to check it out later & see if it's possible.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
Well, I don't see anything to clean as I expected. The arm on the pedal connects to a tiny pcb with an LED on it. On the main board there's an optical looking thing, perhaps that lexan piece? Im guessing as the LED changes distance from the optical piece, the voltage is varied. I'll upload pics later right now im searching the web to try and identity what this component is and if it is replaceable and how to test.
That probably is the lexan piece cause they said it might have a scratch on it, weird that would just happen though, the fact yours is like that too it must be common.

4Horseman

Reaction score
If you read the link Blues_n_cues gave, some people say the arm can get out of alignment and/or the wires could break to the LED. One guy posted a pedal calibration procedure for a RP200, im not sure if it works for the control one or not.

Also, maybe you could just remove the bottom cover screws, real easy to do. This will allow you to watch the arm as you move the pedal, see if it looks bent or misaligned. It will also allow you to check for dirt or broken wires. I made the mistake of taking the pedal off first so I couldn't watch its alignment through the sweep.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
If you read the link Blues_n_cues gave, some people say the arm can get out of alignment and/or the wires could break to the LED. One guy posted a pedal calibration procedure for a RP200, im not sure if it works for the control one or not.

Also, maybe you could just remove the bottom cover screws, real easy to do. This will allow you to watch the arm as you move the pedal, see if it looks bent or misaligned. It will also allow you to check for dirt or broken wires. I made the mistake of taking the pedal off first so I couldn't watch its alignment through the sweep.
You can calibrate it, it was the first thing i did. I'll have a look & get back to you bud.

4Horseman

Reaction score
Here's what it looks like. I'll probably blast it with compressed air, I don't won't to scratch it wiping it. I'll put it back together later and see how it goes, I've got to do some other things now. Good luck with yours, I'll get back with you later on this.
20160528_105555_zps1lzpfift.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160528_105555_zps1lzpfift.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
I've had mine open, it was slightly out of line but the main issue was there is an led that is on when the pedal is down whether its supposed to be off at full I'm not sure but mine flickered on and off on the travel, I put this down to maybe a broken or badly connected wire cause when I wiggled it the light went out. Maybe fucked with it to much cause now is permanently off. :rolleyes: Fortunately there is an external port on the footswitch that I've hooked up a volume pedal to tide me over for next Saturday's gig then ill get it sorted if its just a wire. ;)

4Horseman

Reaction score
I've had mine open, it was slightly out of line but the main issue was there is an led that is on when the pedal is down whether its supposed to be off at full I'm not sure but mine flickered on and off on the travel, I put this down to maybe a broken or badly connected wire cause when I wiggled it the light went out. Maybe fucked with it to much cause now is permanently off. :rolleyes: Fortunately there is an external port on the footswitch that I've hooked up a volume pedal to tide me over for next Saturday's gig then ill get it sorted if its just a wire. ;)
Sounds like you found the trouble area and might not need any parts.:fingersx:

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
Decided to cut my losses & pick up another controller, won this on ebay last night. :)
2hi82tj.jpg

The Control One's switching side still works OK so i now have a backup also using the Midi Mate means i'm not tied to the Legend II unit for future purchases. ;)