• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Reaching out to my Aussie brothers! Gaskell Guitars

• Thread starter WrenchDevil6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WrenchDevil6

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting on a USA Gibson lefty Explorer to magically produce itself. I'm going to get a Gaskell Huntsman for starters and if it's a decent guitar/guitar company I'm going to custom order one.

I'd appreciate any and all input that you guys have on the product and the company, if any. Thanks in advance.

blackone

Reaction score
Is he the guy in Perth? There was a builder a while back that was terrible, sent junk all over the place then had to change his name to avoid the backash. Name on the guitar that is

WrenchDevil6

Reaction score
No, I remember what you're talking about. This guy is in Sydney and from what I can tell, the company is a damned fine company who make quality instruments for left-handed players.

Gaskell Guitars Site

Thanks for the response blackone, I'm hoping that I get someone who's local to the headquarters and has some information about these guitars, or an actual person who owns/plays one.

WrenchDevil6

Reaction score
No, I'm in the US. If I were in Sydney I'd go check them out myself. They have a US branch in San Diego, but I'm East of the Mississippi.
m

richieG

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting on a USA Gibson lefty Explorer to magically produce itself. I'm going to get a Gaskell Huntsman for starters and if it's a decent guitar/guitar company I'm going to custom order one.

I'd appreciate any and all input that you guys have on the product and the company, if any. Thanks in advance.

A good place to ask your question would be:

Aussie Guitar Gear Heads - Index

There are quite a few builders here and a lot of dudes who live in Sydney.

WrenchDevil6

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks, richieG! I'll be there digging through their archives.

blackone

Reaction score
If you want the best of the best, get one from either cargill in Melbourne, or Jaydee in the uk

blackone

Reaction score
Left handed Explorer style?
They'll make you whatever you want. Jaydee made Tony Iommis original SG, and have made guitars for Angus young, I believe the first SG's with the lightning bolts:hmm: And Cargill, while he really only advertises as making acoustics, they make the best custom guitars in the country In my opinion. I'm a big one for having guitars made by small luthiers. They make them by hand, they hand select the woods, you tell them the exact configuration, the color, the everything, and I think you'd be surprised at the price

richieG

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks, richieG! I'll be there digging through their archives.

If you can't find anything, sign up and post a question if free discussion.

There are some good dudes there.

Or I can post a question if you want.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mate, i live in Western Sydney and one of there dealers (in Windsor) is about half hour from my house.. I was actually already heading to that store over the next few weeks, if they have any of their guitars there i could have a look for you and let you know what i think.. Im not expert but i know a good guitar when i see one.. Im more than happy to help

WrenchDevil6

Reaction score
If you can't find anything, sign up and post a question if free discussion.

There are some good dudes there.

Or I can post a question if you want.

I'm still awaiting the activation of my account there. If I run into any issues I'll hit you up for some help. I appreciate it.

Bulldozer1984, that's excellent! I'd appreciate any/all the information that you could provide.

I knew you guys would be able to come through. Thanks again.

richieG

Reaction score
Avoid a builder called Devries.

He is a Australian Internet Legend in a bad way.

Some dudes chipped in a purchased a guitar he made. Then a Youtube review was done. It was posted around to marvel how bad it is. It's current whereabouts is a bit of a mystery.

If you wanna laugh check this out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hepqjBaHA1s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - What title can you really give this thing - Part 1[/ame]

It's a multi video review.

And here is a mega thread on 7string.org. I am sad to say I read the whole thing

Has anyone heard of this Builder......... (his name is Devries. This is his thread.) - Sevenstring.org

Buggs.Crosby

Reaction score
Perry does some incredible work...i would not hesitate to buy from him at all....great looking stuff with even better reviews

Latest posts