Recommend Me Some Australian Bands

• Thread starter eastwood6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eastwood6

Reaction score
I hope you guys can provide him with a time machine.
I think he meant that he wanted to see a band that still exists.

Thanks, my initial need was to keep myself entertained for a 25 hour flight with something new and different to listen to.

Have downloaded albums from Sticky Fingers, Radio Birdman, Cosmic Psychos, Motor Ace, The Hard Aches, and the Screaming Jets. Also the new Bob Mould album, who is not Australian but it’s a cool record :)

If I’m able to catch a band live during the that would be a bonus. Appreciate all the suggestions!

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score
Everytime I go down there I joke with the audience about how the promoter got me there by tellin me I could meet The LRB .....:lol::lol::lol:
Ha! I was actually not saying that with irony, I like LRB even if it's not so cool to say so these days. Well crafted songs with catchy hooks, especially like The Night Owls. I gotta soft spot for that old Yacht Rock stuff. Don't even get me started on Pablo Cruise and Dr. Hook... LOL

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I was actually not saying that with irony, I like LRB even if it's not so cool to say so these days. Well crafted songs with catchy hooks, especially like The Night Owls. I gotta soft spot for that old Yacht Rock stuff. Don't even get me started on Pablo Cruise and Dr. Hook... LOL

Hit records on the radio mean somethin!! Especially back then ,well crafted songs indeed AND some damn good guitar playin

Last edited:

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score
Hit records on the radio mean soomethin!! Especially back then ,well crafted songs indeed AND some damn good guitar playin
No lie, those major-third harmonized leads were tasty! I always thought "Reminiscing" had a Glen Campbell "Southern Nights" vibe. And anybody who thinks Glen Campbell was not a great guitarist was clearly not paying attention.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing to come out of Melbourne since,,,,well,,,,forever.

Man, this songs reminds me so much of Mr. Bungle, definatley a Mike Patton influence:

Aussie music is kicking ass atm. Sure I love my Angels, Divinyls, Spys and AC/DC, shit I think I've seen the Rads live twice in the last year, but I like to listening to new shit.

Peace

Last edited:

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Used to get to the pub when the Grinners were in town :yesway: Kim Salmon used to be a cert for a pre-Xmas gig, 'cos he was back for the family catchup

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money and stay in America and see this band. Australia is pretty much resorted to its roots: Didgeridoo and sticks.

Last edited:

goodson

Reaction score
I didn’t know powderfinger was Australian! I love those guys.

Odyssey Number Five is a brilliant album - Waiting For The Sun and My Kind Of Scene are first class songs.
Seen them live in Scotland years ago - fantastic live act aswell.
Seen The Church here twice on their last 2 visits - waited almost 30 years to see them - worth the wait.