• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Recording Test #2 Plexi dimed (all 10s) + Strat

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Here is second recording test in a mix, but this time with my 1959SLP and a strat.

This is a Bryan Adams' song : Summer of 69. This is the original rythm: only drum, bass, vocal and keyboards. One of the best Canadian rock band, IMO. :)

I am only doing the guitar parts on the rythm of the song. Its still Bryan Adams singing there.

Summer Of 69 Cover by maxime1122 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

The playing is not perfect, but I think its a good strat tone.

Whats are your thoughts on this one guys?

Thanks!!

:h5:

Last edited:

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I was going to say that you nailed the vocals. :lol:

But the guitars sound great as well!

IbanezMark

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. Your singer sounds great as well.

CrispyTone

Reaction score
Sounds similar to Edward's tone on Van Halen II, and live EVH circa 1982.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Oh and BTW, my strat's volume was at about 6-7 all the song except at the end for the "solo"... it was on 10.

:h5:

treetrunk

Reaction score
Nice! Really great sound!
Sorry for asking this here, but is it fair to say, the YJM100 with volumes dimed, channels jumped will sound just like this with the boost off ;)

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! Really great sound!
Sorry for asking this here, but is it fair to say, the YJM100 with volumes dimed, channels jumped will sound just like this with the boost off ;)

It should do a YJM isn't modded in the sound department at all it's just a stock 1959slp with extra's.
Infact if you have absolutely NO interest in EPA,auto biasing,boost,gate,50 watt mode or reverb you may as well save some money & just buy a 1959slp!

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh & by the way Maxime1122 I had your clip on at work & the guy on shift swap WOULDN'T believe it wasn't Bryan Adams till I showed him your post & link!

treetrunk

Reaction score
It should do a YJM isn't modded in the sound department at all it's just a stock 1959slp with extra's.
Infact if you have absolutely NO interest in EPA,auto biasing,boost,gate,50 watt mode or reverb you may as well save some money & just buy a 1959slp!

Yea, sure I would if I & everyone around me had eardrums made of steel and I had a mansion to live in:slash:, with no neighbors for miles around........but that's not the case:cool: Thanks:wave:

Holme

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, sure I would if I & everyone around me had eardrums made of steel and I had a mansion to live in:slash:, with no neighbors for miles around........but that's not the case:cool: Thanks:wave:

Yeah the EPA was the big selling point for me aswell! :thumb:

maxime1122

Reaction score
Oh & by the way Maxime1122 I had your clip on at work & the guy on shift swap WOULDN'T believe it wasn't Bryan Adams till I showed him your post & link!

Well, im only doing the guitars on it... Still Bryan singing!

treetrunk

Reaction score
Well, im only doing the guitars on it... Still Bryan singing!

The time has come to consider quitting your current job and apply to Bryan instead.......oh and prepare to carry your plexi along.:slash:
He'll be pleased as pudding with your TOAN ;)

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
thats some great tone right there, how did you record at that volume to a backing track?

Latest posts