Reverb.com - buying items from Switzerland

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking buying a pedal that's been discontinued, from someone on Reverb.com. I've only made a few purchases within the US, and they have been good transactions.

The pedal is in Riehen, Switzerland. I've never made a purchase outside the US before. Should I expect any risks, or funny stuff with the transaction?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking buying a pedal that's been discontinued, from someone on Reverb.com. I've only made a few purchases within the US, and they have been good transactions.

The pedal is in Riehen, Switzerland. I've never made a purchase outside the US before. Should I expect any risks, or funny stuff with the transaction?
I've bought stuff on Reverb from outside the US.
Paid through PayPal, so combined with Reverb, both favor the buyer if there's a problem.
Final price may fluctuate a little depending on the actual exchange rate and exchange fees when you hit buy.
I haven't had a problem, so no advice on what not to do.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've bought stuff on Reverb from outside the US.
Paid through PayPal, so combined with Reverb, both favor the buyer if there's a problem.
Final price may fluctuate a little depending on the actual exchange rate and exchange fees when you hit buy.
I haven't had a problem, so no advice on what not to do.
Yeah, I'm just finding out the seller only accepts PayPal. I don't use PayPal since they held receipt of my money (for a $1,200 guitar I sold on eBay) for several weeks, back around 2005. Screw PayPal anyway. They've been sued several times for unethical practices.

I messaged the seller asking for another payment method, so now I have to wait for an answer.

pulsonicsound

Reaction score
You’ll be fine, reverb have a great customer Service so if for whatever reason the deal goes south they will cover you back!

I could be wrong but you should be able to check out using a normal card via PayPal on reverb as a guest, you don’t have to have a PayPal account for that and you’ll still be protected with your card

Hope that helps

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just finding out the seller only accepts PayPal. I don't use PayPal since they held receipt of my money (for a $1,200 guitar I sold on eBay) for several weeks, back around 2005. Screw PayPal anyway. They've been sued several times for unethical practices.

I messaged the seller asking for another payment method, so now I have to wait for an answer.
Buying with PayPal is easier than selling.
I have my PayPal linked to a credit card for payments on stuff I buy.

Stuff I sell is paid through Reverb, and they put payments in my bank in a few days. Part of the selling fees is for the payment processing.
I have no clue about selling on Ebay.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

Have you seen their cheese its full of holes! Pedals? There's no saying... :shrug:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score

Somewhere in Switzerland, some dude just started a thread about a pedal he wants to sell, and how someone from the USA wrote expressing interest, but doesn't want to use PayPal, but rather, another method, and he's wondering if it's legit or a scam.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in Switzerland, some dude just started a thread about a pedal he wants to sell, and how someone from the USA wrote expressing interest, but doesn't want to use PayPal, but rather, another method, and he's wondering if it's legit or a scam.
I considered that before I posted this. :D

TonalEuphoria

Reaction score
There is some really mint condition gear that is for sale overseas. I've been tempted myself on vintage microphones. If their rating is good, I would do it for the right piece of gear and price. We all hope to not be ripped off. But life is taking chances. Or nothing gained.

vector-image-of-a-villain-that-is-wearing-a-cape-vector-id164303473

Latest posts