• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Satriani goes JVM 410H

spacerocker

Reaction score
Oh cool. You meant you wanted the ability to have a master volume for the green mode...

I used to curse the lack of a MV on clean green, and used orange instead. but I am a recent convert to clean green, and apparently the lack of MV is part of it's sound, so maybe it is better without?

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to curse the lack of a MV on clean green, and used orange instead. but I am a recent convert to clean green, and apparently the lack of MV is part of it's sound, so maybe it is better without?

i believe it was nessesary technically speaking...
when you compare clean orange and red there is a vast volume difference between them... i think that if the channel volume wasn't disengaged on clean green, the mode would become too silent and out of balance volumewise with the other 2 modes...
when you experiment with this channel, you'll notice, that the gaincontrol also affects the overall volume of the channel, even on red mode... since orange and red use more gainstages they are therefore louder, the higher the step you take

ics1974

Reaction score
The more I read and hear youtube video's the more I want a JVM. I wonder how much more the Satriani JVM will be. The black one I mean.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
at andertons:
the regular JVM costs 1115.- pounds
the black satriani costs 1399.- pounds

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I'm reading some more info on the Satriani JVM:
MUSIKMESSE 2012: Marshall Joe Satriani JVM410HJS | I Heart Guitar

I found it interesting to read about the footswitch for the Satriani JVM. I need to read this from other sources to know for sure, but according to this write up, the Satriani JVM's footswitch let's you control the following: channel, mode, master volumes, FX loop, noise gate, and mid shift (on OD2). If this is true, then I'd be interested to know if the Satriani JVM footswitch is capable of two modes (preset mode or switch store mode) just as the original 410H footswitch can do. I also read that the Satriani JVM is has MIDI capability, just like the original 410H, so I'm glad that even if the footswitch on the Satriani JVM is not a design I'd like, I can still use MIDI like on the original 410H.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think there will be a new regular JVM released this year too, or just the Satriani JVM?

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Do you guys think there will be a new regular JVM released this year too, or just the Satriani JVM?
I asked this same question in another thread about 2012 Musikmesse. I asked someone in that thread who actually went to Musikmesse if Marshall had updated the JVM series. I didn't get an answer to this because the reply said something like "see Satriani JVM". The reply didn't answer my question because the Satriani JVM would most likely be part of Marshall's Signature Series, and NOT part of the the JVM Series. So, I'm still waiting on a definitive answer as to whether the JVM SERIES will be updated in any way. I'd like to see some changes to the original JVM series, in particular the 410H.

Signature Series:
http://marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productRangeId=25

JVM Series:
http://marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productRangeId=24

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if there is a new one released. There have been a few "wants" from JVM users, namely noise gates on the OD channels.

I am surprised that the Satch JVM has the same look on the panel as the normal one.
I think the JVM has so much more potential to look even better cosmetically with different switches etc.