SC20 sounds bad

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think maybe I need to just figure out how to tweak the few eq issues I have with my Lil' Devil and sell my SC. It's superior in every way, I just need to fine tune the eq a bit, but I don't know what to do.
What amp is your Lil' Devil?

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
What amp is your Lil' Devil?
Good question, I'm not sure. It's a Cameron/Jose high gain "Plexi". Don't know what amp it's based on.

Here's the diagram I drew for it. I don't have a schematic.

0lkwJPw.jpg

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question, I'm not sure. It's a Cameron/Jose high gain "Plexi". Don't know what amp it's based on.

Here's the diagram I drew for it. I don't have a schematic.

0lkwJPw.jpg
Who built it? You?

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Who built it? You?
Yes, with Terry's help. This is the infamous Blades rebuild amp from 10 or 11 years ago, but it's not even the same amp anymore. It used to run el84s, but I sent it to Terry to change out the power section to get rid of the el84s. He replaced the tranny and changed few other things (marked in red) and checked all my work. It now runs 6v6 power tubes and it's solid.

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, with Terry's help. This is the infamous Blades rebuild amp from 10 or 11 years ago, but it's not even the same amp anymore. It used to run el84s, but I sent it to Terry to change out the power section to get rid of the el84s. He replaced the tranny and changed few other things (marked in red) and checked all my work. It now runs 6v6 power tubes and it's solid.
Oh yeah I remember now. 👍

How many watts again?