Scammed On Reverb

• Thread starter 67Mopar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67Mopar

Reaction score
I made the payment on a VOX AC15 Heritage w/1x12 cabinet five days ago. Since then, I've received one email from the seller, stating that he would send the tracking number the next day. Nothing! I've sent two messages, one yesterday - one today. Nothing! I didn't go into his feedback before purchasing, but I did see that he had ten transactions. While waiting for a response, I decided to research his history details... He has a seller transaction, in regards to one item from 2O17. A VOX AC15 Heritage w/1x12 cabinet, that he never shipped!

Here is the would-be buyer feedback:
"The seller never shipped the amp and was unresponsive to my messages."
Jeff C.

Seller: Rob Anastasi
Reverb store: Minky Sunshine's Music

Either this is the same rig, or a duplicate. Since he never shipped the amp, I assume it's the same one. Why reverb has let this guy continue posting items for sale is somewhat baffling, but whatever.

Last edited:

Adieu

Reaction score
Weren't people saying reverb covers bad transactions somehow, and that's why they like it?

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
I made the payment on a VOX AC15 Heritage w/1x12 cabinet five days ago. Since then, I've received one email from the seller, stating that he would send the tracking number the next day. Nothing! I've sent two messages, one yesterday - one today. Nothing! I didn't go into his feedback before purchasing, but I did see that he had ten transactions. While waiting for a response, I decided to research his history details... He has a seller transaction, in regards to one item from 2O17. A VOX AC15 Heritage w/1x12 cabinet, that he never shipped!

Here is the would-be buyer feedback:
oSO68X1.png

Either this is the same rig, or a duplicate. Since he never shipped the amp, I assume it's the same one. Why reverb has let this guy continue posting items for sale is somewhat baffling, but whatever. Should I out this guy to warn others, or no? Is this not fraud?

Dispute the transaction immediately. Don't wait.
Call the bank, call the credit card company, call reverb, etc.

67Mopar

Reaction score
If paypal tells you to wait 2 weeks:
tell them you are not waiting, dispute immediately.
Call the bank and dispute the payment NOW.
I filled out a PayPal form. I was instructed to contact them in 2 weeks, if it doesn't get worked out. We paid via AMEX/PayPal. Should I just contact AMEX?

BftGibson

Reaction score
I filled out a PayPal form. I was instructed to contact them in 2 weeks, if it doesn't get worked out. We paid via AMEX/PayPal. Should I just contact AMEX?
yep as a business owner i am screwed when they cancel transaction, it gets charged to my monthly merchant fee for processing cards as a charge back..i win everytime thru a dispute cause we have a receipt for performed service..but soon as you dispute with a CC you are covered ...merchant will be informed ..you will be in limbo for a sec but get your money back...or in this case Amex was a charge and you have spent no actual money yet..yes a paper charge at this point..but merchant got funded in about 24hrs from purchase tho & now will see his money be gone until dispute is in his favor or not

67Mopar

Reaction score
Hurry, contact everyone - the sky is falling!!!! Seriously though, I'm pretty sure Paypal would cover it if something weird took place. But maybe find out from the seller first what's going on..?
lol I filed a dispute with AMEX.

A creative way for shit-bags to acquire interest-free, short-term loans?

67Mopar

Reaction score
Nice Job.:applause:
Paypal withholds the funds for "so many" days. Now that a dispute has been filed, they probably won't pay the vendor.
i just don't get way Reverb would let this nozzle pull the same shit, twice? :shrug:

Wooferhead1

Reaction score
Sad...just purchased from reverb, item shipped immediately, currently tracking. Used paypal...hope you get a pound of flesh for the trouble.
:realmad:

harleytech

Reaction score
The way I'm seeing it Reverb is starting to get like Ebay... I avoid both as much as I can... I knew it would be a matter of time and the scammers would hit that too...
Plus the prices of things like guitars,amps are too high... Everybody has something rare... Lol..

Assault Bacon

Reaction score
I use Reverb regularly. I've only had a couple of issues with sellers - Reverb stepped in and helped me deal with it. It did take a couple weeks, but I used the chat interface and was able to keep Reverb in the loop the entire time.

Both issues I had were with sellers who didn't ship merchandise and then ghosted me.

Do not wait. Makes sure the communication trail begins immediately, sounds like you're doing that.

BftGibson

Reaction score
lol I filed a dispute with AMEX.

A creative way for shit-bags to acquire interest-free, short-term loans?
your right !! know its BS that the CC companies do not fund my customers charges from thurs to sat until Monday am. So they are holding my money for and sitting on 96 hours of interest..

67Mopar

Reaction score
No more Reverb for me. I've actually been having good luck buying and selling on eBay over the last 2 years. Reverb seems to be getting worse. I've also heard that after 7 days, Reverb won't do a damn thing for the buyer.