Schecter

• Thread starter luekemeyer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wasitthat

Reaction score
I'm guessing you got a dog.

I'm critical of the instruments I have and I won't hesitate flipping something that doesn't make the cut and my hellraiser C-7 has survived several purges.

If this was a new instrument why not contact Schecter and see if they'll swap it out or troubleshoot it with you?

problem is, ive had it over a year now, i live and work and bought it switzerland, and needless to say its aquired its fair share of light scratches. i wouldnt think they would take it in for a trade, and after all ive been through to try to get it to sound better, i dont think the guys at schecter will give me any new advice about tone. i could buy everything under the sun and maybe find something that works, but is that really worth it when i have tons already? and besides, from what i heard of my friends that i pimped, the two sounded almost identically crappy. mine had a little more mids but thats it.

just a short list of what i use right now for tone questing:

rocktron prophesy 2 w jj12ax7
rocktron all access limited edition controller with extra hex pedal
mesa boogie formula pre (5 12ax7's)
damage control solid metal w 2 jj12ax7's
morley bad horsie 2
boss volume pedal
roland vs 1880 w 2 vs8f effect cards
sonar 8
dfh superior, ez drummer and drum kit from hell.
marshall 9200/5881 sovteks (thinking about jjs, but would have to leave the top off.)
marshall 1960 lead (soon to be two)

Conker09

Reaction score
i own a schecter omen extreme 7, mohogany body, quilt top, malpe neck string through body tune o matic. other than the feel, to me the guitar is the lowest in my ranks. standard tuned, its sounded a little harsh, so i popped in a seymore duncan sh 8, and still sounded like crap, in fact the sound didnt change much at all, so im going to assume that i got a dog. so i changed tunings, dropped it to f#. still sounds like mud, and ive done everything in the processor section from flatening out the eq and dist settings, and still no joy. i had the chance to upgrade a friend of mines guitar, he owns a schecter damien 7, and i put in dimarzios, a new tune o matic, new sperzels, new graph tech nut, and still sounds like wet cardboard.

i dont like schecters at all, looking to sell mine now.

I think Schecter has some guitars that will just turn out bad though. For instance, I tried playing another Schecter S-1 elite at a guitar center but it was a different year than mine. That one just seemed to not be as well built as mine. So my advice....DON'T BUY A GUITAR YOU DIDN'T TRY OUT FIRST.

Seriously, I don't understand people who complain about guitars they didn't try out before they bought. I don't think you should buy them based on reviews. A guitar is a very subjective instrument. What's right for some isn't right for others. You need a guitar that suits you perfectly.

Landshark

Reaction score
i own a schecter omen extreme 7, mohogany body, quilt top, malpe neck string through body tune o matic. other than the feel, to me the guitar is the lowest in my ranks. standard tuned, its sounded a little harsh, so i popped in a seymore duncan sh 8, and still sounded like crap, in fact the sound didnt change much at all, so im going to assume that i got a dog. so i changed tunings, dropped it to f#. still sounds like mud, and ive done everything in the processor section from flatening out the eq and dist settings, and still no joy. i had the chance to upgrade a friend of mines guitar, he owns a schecter damien 7, and i put in dimarzios, a new tune o matic, new sperzels, new graph tech nut, and still sounds like wet cardboard.

i dont like schecters at all, looking to sell mine now.

I think the problem is you got an omen... I don't think they are made near as well as the C-1s or Damiens. I have the S-1 Elite and I swapped out the bridge pickup for an invader. That was my main guitar till I got my gibby.

MacMan

Reaction score
I have a Schecter Ultracure and it is a great big heavy piece of solid mahogany and it sounds deep. I love it and it is made just as well as my Strat or Wolfgangs.

jaek

Reaction score
I have a Schecter C1 Hellraiser with a Floyd Rose Original. Plays awesome! Nice smooth neck a very well mixed sounds, the only problem is that it weights 11/12 lbs....It doesn't bother my back anymore but it did the first few time that I had an all day jam session.

MacMan

Reaction score
yeah I gotta admit the Ultracure is HEAVY, it has to be the heaviest guitar ever