Scott Grove Depresses Me With His Stupidity...

• Thread starter LedZeppelinFan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LedZeppelinFan

Reaction score
Hi all...
I was just sitting about my home, watching a great internet video, where someone strung together all of the brain dead statements that have been made by Joe Biden in the past while. I was reminiscing about the 70's/80's, the good old days, when my kids were little, (Not 30, and ignoring my calls.) Ronald Regan was president, I made guitars for myself in Louisiana, and I was only a kid... About 20/30... Anyways, I began to wonder what the future may hold, and in my troubled state, I decided to relieve stress by watching internet videos about guitars, amps, and pedals, and I discovered this buffoon. His name is Scott Grove. His shtick appears to be making uneducated statements, and having no way of backing them up, while cursing non-stop. He began one video (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYDXJWNS2k) wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt, and criticizing the Les Paul and Fender, referring to their necks as stupid. Jimmy Page played Les Pauls and Telecasters.... He also has said that tube amps don't sound wonderful... ([ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQEVY_AwIb4[/ame]) He was wearing a Scooby Doo t-shirt there, but he has worn Zeppelin shirts, and said that tube amps don't sound wonderful... Earth to moron! JIMMY PAGE'S SOUND IS A TUBE AMP!!! Furthering my case against him, he says that tonewood makes no difference in your sound. Later he was talking about all the ways different picks can change your sound... They do have some impact, but compared to wood, it's minuscule...

Okay. Rant over. I had to get that off my chest.

BowerR64

Reaction score
I watched one of them he was talking about watts or speaker impedance or something and he claims he has a speaker in this little fender SS amp that has a 138db sensitivity speaker in it. Then a few minutes later he says 132db or something. Ive never heard of a speaker with a rating that high.

I dont agree with his tone wood theory either.

stalefish

Reaction score
All of those youtube experts are idiots. Youtube has provided any dick with a phone camera and internet access a platform to broadcast his ignorance to the universe. That guy is a special kind of stupid, even by youtube standards.

You got one thing wrong though....a pickups influence is way more than "minuscule" compared to wood. Especially as the gain and volume goes up. The pickup matters more and more.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You got one thing wrong though....a pickups influence is way more than "minuscule" compared to wood. Especially as the gain and volume goes up. The pickup matters more and more.
He said picks, not pickups.

Although I'd say picks and woods probably are equal when it comes to tonal changing.

jross68052

Reaction score
The guy is a marketing genius. He millions of hits and is now famous in thw world of youtube. Some of his advice is pratical but his science is total crap. Even ISIS has thousands of followers with the crap they are spewing out. Its a really strange world.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The sad thing is that I agree with him on a couple of things. :ugh:

I like using a volume pedal over a knob (although he's dumb and uses it as a master volume instead of an input volume :lol: ), I hate roundwounds, I hate vintage Tele bridges, and I have an undying love for Ibanez Icemans.

12barjunkie

Reaction score
I watched one video by him about Nanoweb strings vs polyweb strings and it made a lot of sense. Then I watched a couple other videos and realized he was a real tool. Real shame.

BowerR64

Reaction score
Watch the one about nuts, or the one about why the neck pockets are so thick behind the neck heel.

At first i thought he was paying some one to use their guitar store to make his videos he has a TON of money in that room. Some of the guitars he has haning are worth a pretty penny.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The guy is only a marketing genius if he's getting rich off of being a youtube idiot. Otherwise, he's just a youtube idiot.

He actually sells instructional videos on his website. He also isn't collecting those guitars to keep; he's selling them all.

Plus, there's the youtube money, so he might actually be making a decent amount of money from this.

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
Marketing genius? No.

Sometimes, as crappy things happen to good people... good things, can happen to real douchebags/idiots.

Scott belongs to the latter group. I gave him an honest critique one time, and he tried the block, then send me a profanity-laced tirade. Came across like a mentally retarded 12 year old, and that's more an insult to the child.

Problem is, Scott doesn't know how to use YouTube that well. He didn't block me. Which allowed me to do the deed myself. Now, I can post on Scott's videos and he can't do a damn thing about it.

What's that truly mean, in the grand scheme? Not much... but it is nice being able to slam him whenever he needs it and he's powerless. Bet it just chaps his ass. Though he could take care of that to, if he weren't such a mental midget.

People that spend money on his products (which I'm betting isn't much), don't get sympathy. Self-inflicted pain. But he can make all the claims he wants, people can assume all they want about how much he has, makes, is selling, etc. Hell, everything he owns, could be fake. You think you can tell, over a YouTube video? Please...

If he's making a mint... more power to him. Just proof there's some really stupid people out there.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
what a warped sense of priorities we have eh?

most dont like him, most agree he's full of shit a lot of the time, yet we applaud and/or respect the fact that if he's making some coin in doing so..."good on him" we say.

warped priorities. and thats no diss to the posters here....its not like this attitude is exclusive to us on the forum. it seems to be a nearly universal concept.

integrity < $$$

Frodebro

Reaction score
IIRC, he's been dealing with some fairly serious health issues for a number of years now. That would easily explain a number of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.