Scum Backs

• Thread starter stonevibe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stonevibe

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of used Scum Back M75-16 hp 16 ohm for a 2x12 cab I have.

Also picked up a couple of Eminence speakers one a Governor speaker,the other a Wizard speaker both 8ohm.

So I'm going to do some experiments with a closed 2x12 Zilla cab I own and see how they fare.

Currently it is carrying a pair of Celestion G12Ms rated at 16ohm each and wired to 8 ohms.

So I can try a similar setup with these other two pairs to see what is does to my sound.

My attenuator is a Koch 4 ohm unit and my Ceriatone Plexi is a 50 watter amp has 4, 8 & 16 ohm taps.

Any advice on how to get the best out of these speakers would be appreciated. Also what to avoid etc

I know not to mismatch ohms etc but will sometimes use the cab live so the attenuator is really for rehearsals and recording.

Contemplating loading two different cabs for different tones, so any advice on a good 2x12 cab build or maker.

The Zilla is pretty good, but I'm open to experienced advice.

Thank you in advance and I am also using the search function onn this and other sites for tips and good advice.

But I find sometimes its best to ask for help as well.

nedcronin

Reaction score
Have you checked out AVatar Speakers? They have nice cabs at great prices. I'm really curious to hear how you like your Ceriatone? I'm interested in buying one of their kits....how does it sound?

stonevibe

Reaction score
They look good, I'm in the UK though so shipping would be prohibitive...

Ceriatone is mighty fine and way better than a lot of the mass produced stuff out there. I really like the way it reacts as you dig in. Very touch sensitive and great drive sounds for good money.

I have a few amps and have owned many over the years, so have a 70s JMP 2x12 that I usually use in my band.

These Ceriatone amps are stupidly good and very well built. I have another thread answer on here somewhere and I put some pics up of the guts of this amp.

wkcchampion

Reaction score
Scumbacks are Pre-Rola G12M replicas. They should sound much bettert han current Chinese made Celestion G12Ms. They have a clone of the correct Pulsonic 003 cone.

My suggestion is: I'd just use the Scumbacks :D