Scumback m75 or m75LD for my 1959SLP

• Thread starter Smellytele
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smellytele

Reaction score
Posted this at TGP as well.

I've already sent Jim an email from his website, but I was hoping to get some feed back from anyone who has experience with both. I'm looking to add two m75's (100 watt) to my Bogner OS 2x12 cab and I can't decided between the m75 and the m75 LD. The amp I'm pairing it with is a very recently acquired Marshall SLP from 1993. The amp will almost never be used without either my ps100 or the MV that the previous owner had installed, so I'm not too worried about pushing the speakers past their breaking point. I've been trying the amp out with various speakers and at first I thought I dug an Alnico Cream best, but after a few more days and several hours of playing, I like the m75 the best with that amp. It just sounds "right."

I tend to favor speakers that are a bit darker, so I'm wondering if the m75LD would be even better for what I'm looking for. My only concern is if the LD would be too bass heavy for that cab, it's a boomer.

Any tips, suggestions, experiences, and delicious recipes are always welcome.

Geeze

Reaction score
I have that amp and GBs and clones like the M75 [I have a pair of 65 watt] are my favorite with that amp with or without attenuation. I have a pair of J75LD 100 watt as well for amps with more gain - if I remember correctly Jim told me the LD [large dust cap] were a bit smoother than the other size.

Russ

Latest posts