Blackburn/Mullard EL34

• Thread starter StingRay85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VicRattlehead

Reaction score
Well spotted!

I double checked the numbers and it is actually a 4 not a 2. I think the way the lettering has started to rub off made it look like a 2, the font is quite distorted now due to age.

Thanks for clearing up the extra code at the end, i wasn't sure what it might be. Very interesting write up on these those so thanks for that! Unfortunately, I couldn't see any markings on the smaller tubes when i checked them so i have no idea what those are.

Bonus glowing tube shot.
DSC_8274.JPG

StingRay85

Reaction score
@StingRay85 thanks for posting this thread, lots of great information. How much of the getter flash stuff is applicable to other tube types?
That's a good question. I really have no idea. I have personally never seen any CP tubes where the getter flash is almost completely depleted, as you can sometimes see with old double ring getter Xf2 tubes. Maybe they fail before they even reach this point? A good tube tester is always handy.

asd123asd234sdrf

Reaction score
CP tubes? I was curious if the getter flash stuff could be applied to 12AX7s, KT88s, 6L6s, etc.

cyberpunk409

Reaction score
What a great read.. Whats the going prices these days?
1000000426.png

I just bought these Xf4's for $150 US (unfortunately $210 US by the time taxes and postage were applied).

I've been looking a lot online for the past fortnight, these came in at a decent price (relatively speaking).

So I guess that's the "going price"... Whatever someone is willing to pay. I can't wait to receive them in the mail.