Seek And Destroy On My Dsl40cr

• Thread starter Mathias78
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cvansickle

Reaction score
Sounds really good! What were your knob settings?

Just this past weekend, I had heard this song on the radio and thought I should get it going on my DSL40CR. I probably haven't played it since 1990.

Seventh Son

Reaction score
It's very close. I'd try just a touch more bass or resonance, and a touch more presence. Try also recording it with an SM57 to make sure the extra bottom end thump and presence I hear in the original isn't due to close-miking.

Last edited:

Mathias78

Reaction score
I kinda cheated I guess, I got a HD 500x using the 4 wire method and just downloaded the patch on the website. I think it was damn close and all I did for record was a t6i camera with a rode mic. I’m very inexperienced with recording but I’m happy with it.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Tone sounds great and right on.
I kinda cheated I guess, I got a HD 500x using the 4 wire method and just downloaded the patch on the website. I think it was damn close and all I did for record was a t6i camera with a rode mic. I’m very inexperienced with recording but I’m happy with it.
Hell yea brother , I sometimes cheat as well:cool: I use a vox tone lab,(in a clip posted in show me your riffs) called dirty roses, I used the vox for the univibe , but everything else I had posted through out the forum is straight in( sometimes a SD1 clean boost):band::cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Mathias 78 I have a boatload of clips in the show me your riffs thread (in the cellar) and in the dsl40c information thread, what I have learned in the last couple months is (by the way I am recording with my phone) is that what sounds great in the room live, is a bit more saturated in the recording, so I have been backing off the gain a bit ymmv

Mathias78

Reaction score
Mathias 78 I have a boatload of clips in the show me your riffs thread (in the cellar) and in the dsl40c information thread, what I have learned in the last couple months is (by the way I am recording with my phone) is that what sounds great in the room live, is a bit more saturated in the recording, so I have been backing off the gain a bit ymmv

Thanks for the advise! I’ll back it off, love listening to that crunch tho lol

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell yes brother, as do I and if you check out the show me your riffs, my first clips sound to(my old ears) quite similar to yours. But as you get to the latter ones, you will hear the difference, hope all this makes sense :band::cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
M
Hey brother if you have the time check hear to stone first, then trash for the tone similarity’s, and thanks in advance for checking out my clips, (they are all in the same thread) show me your riffs, in the cellar !