Seventy eighties with Celestion Vintage 30...

• Thread starter dazegreen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dazegreen

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a bit new to the cab world and always played Line 6... I know... Anyway, my question is if I have 3 seventy eighty speakers and one Celestion Vintage 30... can all 4 of those be put into a cab for jamming? I think the cab is parallel not series... Please let me know... oh and the one Vintage 30 is a 16ohm speaker btw... thanks guys!!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a bit new to the cab world and always played Line 6... I know... Anyway, my question is if I have 3 seventy eighty speakers and one Celestion Vintage 30... can all 4 of those be put into a cab for jamming? I think the cab is parallel not series... Please let me know... oh and the one Vintage 30 is a 16ohm speaker btw... thanks guys!!
If the 70-80's are also 16 ohm, then they can all go in a 4x12.
Wiring would be series/parallel for a 16ohm cab load.
Lots of diagrams readily available on the web on how to wire them like this.

dazegreen

Reaction score
Hey Dirty Steve, that was the problem... the seventy eighties aren't marked 8 or 16 ohm... there's absolutely nothing on the back besides the model number... and type of speaker... thanks for helping me out!

dazegreen

Reaction score
Hey Dirty Steve, that was the problem... the seventy eighties aren't marked 8 or 16 ohm... there's absolutely nothing on the back besides the model number... and type of speaker... thanks for helping me out!
It does say on the internet they can be 8 or 16 ohm? not sure exactly how that fits here...

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score

Wait, what?!! ...I didn't say a word. All I did was give fitz a like because I liked his answer to your question. :scratch:

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Fitz knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

KraftyBob

Reaction score
^^^ This ^^^
The ohm reading will be slightly lower than what the speaker is rated because you’re measuring the impedance of the speaker. A 16 ohm speaker will measure around 13 ohms +/- on your meter. An 8 ohm speaker will measure around 6 ohms +/-.

Nothing to be ashamed about using Line 6. Whatever it takes to get into playing guitar is all good IMO. I’m on another forum and some guys will post about how happy they are with their MG’s and sure enough, some guys will shit all over them for that. I don’t understand that.

In full disclosure I’ve been using a Helix LT setup in 4CM with my DSL40C for years now. The two work well together and I couldn’t give a crap if anyone else thinks otherwise.

Welcome to the forum! There’s a lot of great people on here more than willing to offer their help.

Last edited:

Whizzercone

Reaction score
Meter? I thought people hated those speakers.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I suppose if they are all you have.....

The V30 (100dB) is more efficient than the Seventy 80s (98dB), so will tend to dominate the overall sound somewhat.
Then again, it is three against one!

DC Resistance for the Seventy 80s is quoted as 6.1Ω & 10.41Ω by Celestion.