Sgs+molly Hatchet+33cent Guitar Mags

• Thread starter Tim Fezziwig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
The countdown is on=18 1/2 days until recording FEZZ classic"DEVIL DRINKS MINT TEA."I last did a studio recording in 1993. Then<<<<<<15 year "rest>>>>>>>>attempted to kickstart FEZZ in 2008-did an EP at my bassist's friend's basement-building tracks from the drums up------then drummer goes MAD------6 year "rest"

NOW IS THE TIME! FEZZ band #3 is 2 years old. We have "our" sound nailed down. 2/18/17 things get FEZZZZZZEEEDDDD. I'm cutting the tracks live in one room-good enough for Coltrane is good enough for me. EVERYBODY wants to talk me out of this-----

"Tim, get the drums first-then create the song."

Why are people so afraid of recording live? FEZZ demo was cut in 8 hours=8 songs-5 were first takes. I was an LP player then----engineer handed me a Strat---Tele-----They were guitars-run the tape-play the song. I learned that day I could play any guitar. I played through a Purple Plexi head and a half-stack. We had a couple of baffles-we got REAL Rock that day.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I had plans to use my Ron Wood ESP Tele and 2004 Am DX Strat. Last Saturday this all went up in smoke. I was grabbing my Strat and I heard some "grumbles" from my guitar tree-stand.

"Take me. I've been with you since '92, only your Custom has been with you longer."

My Sg was pleading for action. My poor '86 Sg. Always getting the shaft. I tried to sell the Sg in 1994 after I quit FEZZ #1. It was in many hands. Price was $225. Everybody blinked. My JERKO friend offered me $175! I swore that day-

"NOBODY WILL EVER GET THIS SG............I'm INSULTED!

The Sg almost became #1 in 2011 when I forced my guitar tech to play drums in a SUPER-POWER duo. We played many gigs at THE JODY KING'S garage before he went NUTSO! My drummers always lose their threads.

Saturday I answered the Sg's calls. We played better than ever. Drummer+bassist were in AWE! Both agreed- Tim, play this guitar always. We rode home together-Sg and man in love

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just went to Positively Records. I ordered 5 cd set =Molly Hatchet Original Album Classics

Molly Hatchet-Flirtin' with Disaster-Beatin' the Odds-Take No Prisoners-No Guts...No Glory.

I already owned first Hatchet. I wanted Flirtin'- it was out of print? So I laid down $37 and bought the boat. . I also bought 30 guitar mags for $10. Vintage Guitar World+Guitar Player+ Creem+Circus. I must feast on R+R for the next three weeks. I told Mrs. FEZZ to get the bed of nails out of the attic.

Three hours sleep nightly. Black coffee every hour. I must bond with the Sg. I will play unplugged in front of the fire. I must pound ZAPPA and HATCHET. Joe's Garage meets Jukin' City. I must make Frank and Danny Joe Brown proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Gianni

Reaction score
I must feast on R+R for the next three weeks. I told Mrs. FEZZ to get the bed of nails out of the attic.

Three hours sleep nightly. Black coffee every hour. I must bond with the Sg. I will play unplugged in front of the fire. I must pound ZAPPA and HATCHET. Joe's Garage meets Jukin' City. I must make Frank and Danny Joe Brown proud!

:applause::lol::applause:

I hope all goes well on the big day! :fingersx:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Catain Sensible just took #11.......that bassist plays a MEAN git. Now I'm #13 best guitarist in the world-damn THE DAMNED!

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I play a session with my brother and take the wicked N-225. I lay down a track for my son-in-law's metal demo on my Strat with SCNs. I get home, fill a pipe, open a Carta Blance and my 03 SG is in my hands, effortlessly playing along with Duane and Robbie and John Cippolina, until the beer and smoke overtake...

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Sg was pleading for action. My poor '86 Sg. Always getting the shaft.

I never met an SG that I instantly liked.
I met them that were pleasant to play and well built - but no instant rapport.

I assume this is how they are: Is this how they are?

I mean a Strat will sound like a Strat for free: a Tele will sound like a Tele for you, for free.
But an SG doesn't give you much for free.
It can do all kinds of things but you have to know how to work it.

Meanwhile Fezz, with your clips you're still reminding me of my youth - the 70s.

Gianni

Reaction score
Then Captain Sensible went and f*cked it all up! :D

Coronado

Reaction score
My SGs are very responsive to input, but I find the scale and fingerboards intuitive and very forgiving!

YOUR SGs are a thing of beauty!!! I'd take any one of them! Been quite some time since I've seen the whole SG family together - you wouldn't happen to have that picture handy, would you? :D Cant remember which one was my favorite now!

Coronado

Reaction score
The countdown is on=18 1/2 days until recording FEZZ classic"DEVIL DRINKS MINT TEA."I last did a studio recording in 1993. Then<<<<<<15 year "rest>>>>>>>>attempted to kickstart FEZZ in 2008-did an EP at my bassist's friend's basement-building tracks from the drums up------then drummer goes MAD------6 year "rest"

NOW IS THE TIME! FEZZ band #3 is 2 years old. We have "our" sound nailed down. 2/18/17 things get FEZZZZZZEEEDDDD. I'm cutting the tracks live in one room-good enough for Coltrane is good enough for me. EVERYBODY wants to talk me out of this-----

"Tim, get the drums first-then create the song."

Why are people so afraid of recording live? FEZZ demo was cut in 8 hours=8 songs-5 were first takes. I was an LP player then----engineer handed me a Strat---Tele-----They were guitars-run the tape-play the song. I learned that day I could play any guitar. I played through a Purple Plexi head and a half-stack. We had a couple of baffles-we got REAL Rock that day.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I had plans to use my Ron Wood ESP Tele and 2004 Am DX Strat. Last Saturday this all went up in smoke. I was grabbing my Strat and I heard some "grumbles" from my guitar tree-stand.

"Take me. I've been with you since '92, only your Custom has been with you longer."

My Sg was pleading for action. My poor '86 Sg. Always getting the shaft. I tried to sell the Sg in 1994 after I quit FEZZ #1. It was in many hands. Price was $225. Everybody blinked. My JERKO friend offered me $175! I swore that day-

"NOBODY WILL EVER GET THIS SG............I'm INSULTED!

The Sg almost became #1 in 2011 when I forced my guitar tech to play drums in a SUPER-POWER duo. We played many gigs at THE JODY KING'S garage before he went NUTSO! My drummers always lose their threads.

Saturday I answered the Sg's calls. We played better than ever. Drummer+bassist were in AWE! Both agreed- Tim, play this guitar always. We rode home together-Sg and man in love

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I just went to Positively Records. I ordered 5 cd set =Molly Hatchet Original Album Classics

Molly Hatchet-Flirtin' with Disaster-Beatin' the Odds-Take No Prisoners-No Guts...No Glory.

I already owned first Hatchet. I wanted Flirtin'- it was out of print? So I laid down $37 and bought the boat. . I also bought 30 guitar mags for $10. Vintage Guitar World+Guitar Player+ Creem+Circus. I must feast on R+R for the next three weeks. I told Mrs. FEZZ to get the bed of nails out of the attic.

Three hours sleep nightly. Black coffee every hour. I must bond with the Sg. I will play unplugged in front of the fire. I must pound ZAPPA and HATCHET. Joe's Garage meets Jukin' City. I must make Frank and Danny Joe Brown proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Right on FEZZ!!! Good luck my good man!

Biddlin

In Memorandum
Reaction score
YOUR SGs are a thing of beauty!!! I'd take any one of them! Been quite some time since I've seen the whole SG family together - you wouldn't happen to have that picture handy, would you? :D Cant remember which one was my favorite now!
DSCN1235.JPG
I know the pic you mean, but can't find it, to save me. I'll have to take a new one, eh?

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I never met an SG that I instantly liked.
I met them that were pleasant to play and well built - but no instant rapport.

I assume this is how they are: Is this how they are?

I mean a Strat will sound like a Strat for free: a Tele will sound like a Tele for you, for free.
But an SG doesn't give you much for free.
It can do all kinds of things but you have to know how to work it.

Meanwhile Fezz, with your clips you're still reminding me of my youth - the 70s.
t, my Sg always got lost in the "mix." I played mainly Lps up until 2008. Then I went Strat+Tele . My Sg tried hard to win me over. It has an Iommi in the bridge and rare side-jack. The Sg gives many tones. I use it in drop Double D ala The End and it chimes. For pure R+R I drive it with some Od and it screams. VERY fast neck. Many of my favorite players have gone Sg-Zappa, Angus, Marino, Rossington.....TONY IOMMI!!!!! An Sg finds a fine "middle ground" between an Lp Jr and a Les Paul, what's not to love? Like any git, there are dogs out there. My '86 is one of the finest ones I have ever played. Best $400 I ever spent. Here it is dropped Double D through 1949 Silvertone 1304 w/ Dan Echo pedal and Facelift Fuzz. 70's were a great time for me-I inhaled+drank keg beer and chased "feathered" honeys.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Where is Tommy? Shooting the video?
M, this was after Tommy and I "broke up" in 2008, Mrs. FEZZ shot the vid.- I forced my guitar tech to drum-didn't last long. Tommy and I made-up in 2014-going "steady" for two years now! Tommy is celebrating his birthday today-gearing up for recording. He is the "musical director." He also must talk to people,because I do not play "nice." Long live Tommy Red Flopster. Here is our last gig-Tommy+Shawn were DRUNK. Live I like to be in shambles.....blow off steam-tick people off.