• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Sharing Time! Do your worst...

• Thread starter Teryn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USAPatriot

In Memorandum
Reaction score
I only have a pic of the back of it, so won't bother, but my best guitar ever was a 1999 Epi Les Paul. I don't know how or why, but it just float my boat. It looked amazing being a heritage cherry and had tone to die for. At the time I also had a 2000 Black Beauty, the 3 pickup custom, and it didn't feel or sound near as good. The Epi got virtually all of the play time while the BB got sold. Sadly, I lost the Epi in the fire here in 2011 along with another Epi and a Gibson LP. That guitar was still the best of the 3! I might have tried to save it but it got soaked in thousands of gallons of water and had the ceiling fall on it besides, though my Behringer amp took most of the blow. I think I could spend a lifetime trying Gibsons and Epis and never find another one like it. An accident in manufacturing, I'm sure, maybe a miswound pickup...dunno. I pick up my $2700 quilted LP and still wish I had that Epi. Even the color was superior to what's coming out these days. Certainly not a clown burst! -Rod-

Teryn

Reaction score
Fixed it for ya...

Les%20Paul%20back%20damage_zpsubkelq7d.jpg

Thanx! I can never figure these pic sharing sites out!

Teryn

Reaction score
Personally I kinda like the 498T/490R combination. My guitar is almost like yours:

AX4_8797-L.jpg

I have upgraded to black locking tuners, as well as 500K volume and tone pots. I re-wired mine for independent controls, and put in better tone capacitors. Kinda easy to do, I can't really understand how someone could screw it up. I put on black clear tophat knobs also.

That looks awesome! Since mine is pretty much destroyed, I'll probably experiment with some different stuff. I'll never get it's original tone again, so might as well play around with her! :hbang:

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
Makes revenge start to look good....but that only breeds more trouble. I'm sorry you had to go through that dude. That's almost as bad as someone raping your girl.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
what the f*ck??? :facepalm:

wow.

Grenade

Reaction score
I think this is why some Les Pauls are ten pounds, hard to swing but when they connect POW.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
<a href="http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/TerynInto-Things/media/Les%20Paul%20back%20damage_zpsubkelq7d.jpg.
Here is the back damage... I don't know why he had to hack away the finish there, to "improve" my sound.[/quote]

On Photobucket there should be a direct link on the right side. Copy and paste it should work. When you do it, check that each image ends with .jpg as above, NOT html. :wave: