Show us your Marshall

• Thread starter Rufes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

konrad gibson

Reaction score
These are my Marshalls DSL 401. The grey one is a DSL 401 LC a special edition for the Frankfurt Music Fair in 2000. Only 60 were made.
Konrad
Marshalls.jpg

Why can´t the pic be seen?

konrad gibson

Reaction score
Can´t post pictures!
The file below is a HTLM document and no jpg file, but on photobucket it´s a jpg file.... Don´t know why?
Konrad

Now I know : I have to disable BBCode!!!!

P1000117.jpg

Lennynero

Reaction score
My present setup... though the 1U Rack with the 20/20 is missing (not in the picture) :)

rack_2006.jpg

The way it was 2005 :)

rack200501.jpg

Now... there is no such thing as a "finished rack".... Rack version 01 2004:

rack200401.jpg

rack200301.jpg

And 2002.... so no picture from the time before (when it was "only" a GX700 and a JMP1 which ran into a Valvestate 8240).

rack200201.jpg

Taugt die Natur zum Potenzmittel, zur Steigerung der Libido? Kanadische Forscher haben überprüft, welches http://www.potwelt.info/ Aphrodisiakum Potenzmittel

Last edited:

Guv'nor

Reaction score
I do not know anything about all that rack stuff..... Could you please explain for what is each thing?

... and I guess you've got a pedalboard to control all that stuff on-stage. Don't you?

Lennynero

Reaction score
Guv'nor said:
I do not know anything about all that rack stuff..... Could you please explain for what is each thing?

rack_2006.jpg

From Top to bottom:

Digitech IPS33B, Intelligent Pitch Shifter
Digitech Studio Quad (v2)
Drawer
Boss GX 700
Marshall JFX1
Marshall JMP1
Rack Interface (self built)

Both Digitech are used to create the "Shimmer" Sound, an attackless... kind of violinlike sound (more synthlike). often heard in some U2 songs.

The drawer... is not in the rack anymore, it's place was taken by a rackmixer (Rane SM26) that mixes the shimmersound and the "normal" guitar signal (pics will follow... asap :D (right now I am moving, thoiugh it will take some time).

Basis for my sound is the JMP1, in conjunction with the Boss GX700 (imagine it to be countless Boss Pedals in one Rack Space), latter allows me to put FX before and after the Preamp (plus: the distrotion/overdrive Module works analouge).

The JFX1 (the only multi-fx built by Marshall) is used for some chorus/delay sounds in between.

rack200501.jpg

Okay, some other stuff in here too:

In the single space rack you can see a Roland GP8, an old Multi-FX unit, but superb sound (though it only devlievers 8 FX,... but 6 of them are analouge).

Then, top to bottom

marshall JMP1 (preamp)
Boss GX700,
rocktron Patchmate
Drawer (this time with some pedals, mounted were:
  • Boss CH1 (chorus)
  • Boss AC2 (Acoustic simulator)
  • Boss PQ4 (parametric EQ)
  • Boss OC2 (Octave)
  • Ibanez LoFi7
  • Marshall Shredmaster

Marshall EL84 20/20 Power Amp
Rack interface
Korg A3

The Patchmate is a Looper System, that is controlled via MIDI, which offers 9 Loops, so you can add your pedals into that loop. Which each preset you program which Loop is active (and the Devide is in the signal chain) or not.

Well, poweramp should be self-explaining.. the rackinterface does provide some units with power, puts together power and midicalbe for my pedalboard (no picture..... sorry) and a fed thru.

The Korg A3 is (yet another) Multi FX, providing some "special" sounds.

An idea of the signal chain:

markust_rig.gif

rack200401.jpg

Well, only minor changes, the Boss AC2 is in the back of the rack, the other 5 pedals weren't in that setup.

rack200301.jpg

Before I had the Rocktron Patchmate, I used an Ibanez EPP400 as MIDI-Looper.

rack200201.jpg

Quite simple.... at that time I used an Graphic EQ before the powerwamp... actually the picture was taken, when I stopped using it (the flat setting says all :) ). I used that when I tried to make the sound "fit" to the location.

Guv'nor said:
... and I guess you've got a pedalboard to control all that stuff on-stage. Don't you?

Yes, I use a Roland FC200 MIDI Board to control that stuff, with an additional Expressionpedal controlling the Volume of "Shimmer".

Guv'nor

Reaction score
Wow! That was a detailed info!!!!

Thanks a lot.

Have you got some sound-files you'd want to share with us to see how all that stuff sounds?

Lennynero

Reaction score
Guv'nor said:
Have you got some sound-files you'd want to share with us to see how all that stuff sounds?

Uh.... soundfiles.... you know, i try to hide my crappy playing behind all that equipment :D

I should have a sample of that shimmer sound somewhere, but I'll promise I'll do some examples... after I moved.

EDIT:

Shimmersounds:

http://www.mattzick.com/guitar/shimmerToo.mp3
http://www.mattzick.com/guitar/shimmer.mp3

Mainly GX700 and JMP1 (directly into soundcard... humming might come from Bass... and my missing knowledge concerning recording):
http://www.mattzick.com/whilemyguitar.mp3

Comparison between Yamaha Dreadnought with a Schaller Single Coil (for_Acoustic guitar... a soundhole Pickup), my Ibanez Radius into the Boss AC2 and my E-Acoustic Ibanez AEG 10:

http://www.mattzick.com/guitar/acoustic.mp3

gitarren2.jpg

Guv'nor

Reaction score
Lennynero ---> Great recordings!

The Dug: That's the equipment everybody should have to play at home!!!!

the dug

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys
the top is a plexi reissue from 1988,it has a mercuryOT ,and it sounds great.
the second from the top is a Metro Amp it has a 1969 PTP BOARD W/Sozo's and heyober OT and MM Choke, awesome also!
And on the floor is a 50Watt 1987X FROM 95',I put a PTP from Metro in it w/JJ'S and boy what a difference!
LP on the left is a 06' R8 and on the left is a 06' R7 both have Custom Custom SD pups in the bridge slot.
As for the CD's ,those are mostly my collection of rare John Tesh bootlegs and David Hasselhoff recordings!!!

Reactions: JAC