signature heads

• Thread starter lawrenz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JayCM800

Reaction score
Sigi, do you have these? :naughty:
mamg15msdm_1.jpg

49040.jpg

ZWLEMS_head.jpg

mams4zw.jpg

:thumb:

Gblev

Reaction score
Flame if you want, but they should make Billie Joe a signature head. 1959 type circuit with EPA, one input is stock, one input could have marshalls attempt at recreating martin golubs dookie mod, another has their take on an SE lead mod. 4th channel could either be a dedicated clean or boosted drive channel. In know this isn't what the thread is about but tell me that wouldn't sell like hot cakes.

Sorry, but when I think of Guitarist who play Marshall's, Billie Joe just doesn't come to mind. Does he have any good recognizable guitar solo's? Not trying to flame on you, I'm just saying... Jimmy Page, on the other hand, might be a more deservable player who should get a signature amp.

Gblev

Reaction score
the slash head 2555sl the zakk wylde amp and the RR 1959 ...why? because these are the only amps that are exactly what the artist used .
allthough the modern sig amps sound great on their own but they are only similiar and a reminicent of the real gear the arist used in the first place...

slash's tremolo modded PTP metalface jmp on appetite? the AFD
yjm's 1987 jmp metal face year 1972?? - the marshall yjm
kerry king's jcm 800 2204 year 1989 ???- the modern jcm 800 KK
joe satriani 6100? the jvm satriani model...

i like those amps for what they are though and a great move by marshall

It's funny when people talk about Slash's sound they always use the 'AFD album sound' as his main sound. When in reality that wouldn't really represent 'his' sound. It definately isn't #36, or #39 (never made it to the album), as they both were a one-off sound for him. The Jubs, (2555SL's later), were only used for his live sound on the first part of the UYI tours, because they got crushed in St. Louis, and from the Snakepit tours upto the AFD prototype. So yeah, maybe somewhat a representation to his sound, but really another one-off as far as recordings goes (GN'R Live Era - concert Youtube videos don't count)

So When I think of Slash's sound, and I'm sure as most people do, the UYI, TSI, Snakepit, and all of the other consistantly recorded and recognizable #34 sounds he used, and still uses, would best represent his sound.

So does the AFD100 accurately represent what it's 'artist' used (and in this case still uses) and sounds like? You bet it does. So I don't think you can include the AFD in you scenario above.

medicjg

Reaction score
Jeff Beck deserves a signature head!!!! I don't give a shit what anybody says.. If Marshall had a brain cell in their collective head Jeff Beck and Eric Johnson would have signature heads... LMAO

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Marshall needs one of those pics w/ all the players together like the one Jackson & Floyd Rose had back in the 80's.

medicjg

Reaction score
PRS had enough intuition to reverse engineer Eric Johnsons 68 Plexi!!! Sold them on a limited run. Guys like Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes are playing through them. What does PRS know that Marshall doesnt???

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
PRS had enough intuition to reverse engineer Eric Johnsons 68 Plexi!!! Sold them on a limited run. Guys like Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes are playing through them. What does PRS know that Marshall doesnt???

They're great for deer hunting too.

medicjg

Reaction score
They're great for deer hunting too.

LOL i never thought about it in that context. LMAO but hey I have played through one the PRS plexi clones and it is the real deal... Too rich for my blood but I love my 800s wouldnt part with them for any amount of money...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
LOL i never thought about it in that context. LMAO but hey I have played through one the PRS plexi clones and it is the real deal... Too rich for my blood but I love my 800s wouldnt part with them for any amount of money...

Yeah, they're spendy for sure ... though, they do sound nice from what I've heard on clips (never played through one / heard one in person).