Silver Jubilee Studio 2525H Review and Demo

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I got my Marshall Silver Studio 2525H in split vinyl recently from Musicstore.de for a good price. I think it was 666,- or something. I finally had some time to play with this amp. I really enjoyed it so I made an in-depth demo as well with a bunch of different guitars, styles and some boost pedals here and there as well.

I really like the look of this limited split vinyl edition a lot. I personally prefer it over the regular grey look but I know that a lot of guys don't like the looks of this version. I dig it's uniqueness. :)

This amp sounds REALLY good and it's probably one of the most versatile Marshall's I own (aside from the JVM). The rhythm pull clip really adds a lot of tonal versatility so that's a big deal! Also on the lead channel despite what some video reviews say. It gives the sound more bark, clarity and tightness when needed. I also have an SC20H and the Silver has much more gain. It's a very full and round kind of gain though with the pull boost off, great for big fat rhythms or leads.

The clean channel is classic Marshall with that great breakup when pushed. This channel can do vintage crunches well though and with the pull rhythm clip you can get some great rock rhythm or lead tones. The lead channel is definitely more in the vintage territory when compared to my JVM but with boost pedals this amp can conjure great crunchy high gain tones!

I think it's definitely one of the more versatile 20W Marshall heads and it has a unique sound. I've tried to capture some great tones in this demo:

Anyone else have one? Or if you don't have one, let me know if you want to know more...

Attachments

• marhsall-silver-jubilee.jpg
    marhsall-silver-jubilee.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my Marshall Silver Studio 2525H in split vinyl recently from Musicstore.de for a good price. I think it was 666,- or something. I finally had some time to play with this amp. I really enjoyed it so I made an in-depth demo as well with a bunch of different guitars, styles and some boost pedals here and there as well.

I really like the look of this limited split vinyl edition a lot. I personally prefer it over the regular grey look but I know that a lot of guys don't like the looks of this version. I dig it's uniqueness. :)

This amp sounds REALLY good and it's probably one of the most versatile Marshall's I own (aside from the JVM). The rhythm pull clip really adds a lot of tonal versatility so that's a big deal! Also on the lead channel despite what some video reviews say. It gives the sound more bark, clarity and tightness when needed. I also have an SC20H and the Silver has much more gain. It's a very full and round kind of gain though with the pull boost off, great for big fat rhythms or leads.

The clean channel is classic Marshall with that great breakup when pushed. This channel can do vintage crunches well though and with the pull rhythm clip you can get some great rock rhythm or lead tones. The lead channel is definitely more in the vintage territory when compared to my JVM but with boost pedals this amp can conjure great crunchy high gain tones!

I think it's definitely one of the more versatile 20W Marshall heads and it has a unique sound. I've tried to capture some great tones in this demo:

Anyone else have one? Or if you don't have one, let me know if you want to know more...

Sounds great, still thinking of get one too :applause:

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I've had my 2525H (and matching cab) since they came out what is it 2-3 years ago? After a honeymoon period with my SV20H I've gone back to playing the 2525H again for most of the reasons you say. I wasn't keen on the 'grey' cover (it's not really 'silver'), but that's grown on me too.

Happy new amp day. :dude:

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I've had my 2525H (and matching cab) since they came out what is it 2-3 years ago? After a honeymoon period with my SV20H I've gone back to playing the 2525H again for most of the reasons you say. I wasn't keen on the 'grey' cover (it's not really 'silver'), but that's grown on me too.

Happy new amp day. :dude:

Thanks!

The SV20H is amazing but it needs to be super loud to sound well for my tastes. The Jubilee works better at reasonable levels haha! How does that matching cab sound?

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe they still have this model discounted at musicstore.... definitely look for it!

Yes they have :) It will be in stock again around 8 February, and still 666 Euro.

I used to have the 2525C, a great amp, but didn´t like the Combo, maybe the 2525H will do the trick

Del Rei

Reaction score
Hey, man...
Nice amp!! I really love these vintage looks! Actually, I prefer this way. Last year I almost got a DSL40C with this vintage look.

I want one of this mini Jubilee.
Wondering how would it compares to the Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini...

Del Rei

Reaction score
I agree! My master is up pretty high in the demo. Not SUPER high but high enough to hear the power tubes really warm up the sound.

I will watch the video at home. I'm using my cell now.
How did you record it? Miked cab or IR?

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Thanks!

The SV20H is amazing but it needs to be super loud to sound well for my tastes. The Jubilee works better at reasonable levels haha! How does that matching cab sound?
Yes, I got an attenuator for my SV20H to give me more control of levels, even at rehearsals (I can play fairly loud at home if I want to). I have run the 2525H through it too, so that I can turn up the master volume a bit more and it sounds good that way.

I usually play through a cheap Palmer cab, loaded with 2x12 Celestion Heritage Greenback speakers at home but I do like the matching 2x12 1936 cab with the V30s: I think it suits the 2525H better as it brings out a bit more brightness, but my Palmer is concealed, so stays in the living room, the 1936 is stored away between gigs.

ken361

Reaction score
I agree! My master is up pretty high in the demo. Not SUPER high but high enough to hear the power tubes really warm up the sound.
yours recorded really well! On mine using the strats neck pup I use the input gain at 10 o clock or it gets to too thick, maybe a 4-12 won't do that and im using the stock greenback:) its a loud bastard almost powerful as my old dsl40c

ken361

Reaction score
Yes, I got an attenuator for my SV20H to give me more control of levels, even at rehearsals (I can play fairly loud at home if I want to). I have run the 2525H through it too, so that I can turn up the master volume a bit more and it sounds good that way.

I usually play through a cheap Palmer cab, loaded with 2x12 Celestion Heritage Greenback speakers at home but I do like the matching 2x12 1936 cab with the V30s: I think it suits the 2525H better as it brings out a bit more brightness, but my Palmer is concealed, so stays in the living room, the 1936 is stored away between gigs.
I think V30 might be really good for the jubes Slash using those i believe

Guitarjon

Reaction score

Great idea of using an attenuator! Which one are you using and how does it affect the sound?

yours recorded really well! On mine using the strats neck pup I use the input gain at 10 o clock or it gets to too thick, maybe a 4-12 won't do that and im using the stock greenback:) its a loud bastard almost powerful as my old dsl40c

Try the lead channel with the rhythm pull clip. That should make it less thick. Sounds great with my single coil neck pickups!

Nice,....always enjoy your videos Jon, very professional and well done, as usual.

Great playing too! :thumb:

Thanks! :)

Latest posts