Silver Jubilee Studio 2525H Review and Demo

rick16v

Reaction score
Sold mine for a JVM. The Jube cleans are way better, but I wanted a channel switcher and the shared gain and non foot switchable crunch was a deal breaker for me

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging comments everybody! In some other forums there are usually more people who like to complain about things but everybody is so friendly here!

Thing is that I don’t quite like the jubilees gain haha. I play on the channel 1 with the knob pushed and a boss super overdrive to have a bit more saturation.

The SC20H might be perfect for you in that case!

Sold mine for a JVM. The Jube cleans are way better, but I wanted a channel switcher and the shared gain and non foot switchable crunch was a deal breaker for me

I hear ya. I have both so I don't have to sell either. The JVM is amazing and I mean amazing for high gain but I agree that the cleans on my JVM410H are just a little sterile. The Jubilee has those nice chimey and bright cleans which to me is much more Marshall-like.

ken361

Reaction score
Congrats!! Fantastic demo, nice tones and playing. I got a new 2525C a couple of weeks ago and love it. I agree regarding versatility, these little amps can cover a lot of ground. I’m still shocked how much I just like to play this amp clean. They are simple and effective tone machines.
I like pushing the cleans with single coils it great for a little more pop! you can set the clean for cleans and push it with a Spark boost to get into crunch mode that's 2 channels basically then you have the red:)

Last edited:

headcrash

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures or audio clips?
What schematics were you using?
Thanks

Right now I don't have any clips and pics readily available. But I will post some soon, if of any interest.
I followed the schematic of the 2554 combo (using a resistor in favor if the choke due to lunchbox size). I made a PCB using regulated DC heaters, because that's what I have used for most of my DIY amps since like 10 years.
I also made the loop footswitchable, which I used for some time, but now don't because I reduced FX (downsizing board).
Other than all that the schematic is pretty much "stock".

Tinman1

Reaction score
Ive got the combo version (original mini silver jubilee before rebranding). It’s a phenomenal amp. Super versatile. Sounds equally great with my Strat, Les Paul and Jem.

I’ll need to try the lead channel with pull pot engaged after reading this thread- I had been under the impression that wasn’t generally advised. The crunch certainly works well on the clean channel.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Ive got the combo version (original mini silver jubilee before rebranding). It’s a phenomenal amp. Super versatile. Sounds equally great with my Strat, Les Paul and Jem.

I’ll need to try the lead channel with pull pot engaged after reading this thread- I had been under the impression that wasn’t generally advised. The crunch certainly works well on the clean channel.

Definitely try it as it has a big impact on the tone imho. It's a great feature to have to shape your tone!

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Oddly enuff I was just going to post your demo here! I echo these positive sentiments. Great demo.
From that other page where you also posted this I noted that quite a few players opined that the 20W amp couldn't hang in a band setting.
Many variables to consider course.
BP

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Oddly enuff I was just going to post your demo here! I echo these positive sentiments. Great demo.
From that other page where you also posted this I noted that quite a few players opined that the 20W amp couldn't hang in a band setting.
Many variables to consider course.
BP

Cheers! :)

Yeah, low-wattage amps don't work for everybody. It just really depends on your personal situation and demands. For a live setting I really think people should try it out for themselves. It depends on what kind of tones you're after, how loud your drummer plays, if you need very clean cleans and if you don't or do mind a bit of power amp breakup.

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
sounds sick man, This is really making it difficult to choose between which 20 watt Marshall to get. I was gonna go for Sv20 but I've always had my eye on this Jube. Nice work

giam23

Reaction score
I got my Marshall Silver Studio 2525H in split vinyl recently from Musicstore.de for a good price. I think it was 666,- or something. I finally had some time to play with this amp. I really enjoyed it so I made an in-depth demo as well with a bunch of different guitars, styles and some boost pedals here and there as well.

I really like the look of this limited split vinyl edition a lot. I personally prefer it over the regular grey look but I know that a lot of guys don't like the looks of this version. I dig it's uniqueness. :)

This amp sounds REALLY good and it's probably one of the most versatile Marshall's I own (aside from the JVM). The rhythm pull clip really adds a lot of tonal versatility so that's a big deal! Also on the lead channel despite what some video reviews say. It gives the sound more bark, clarity and tightness when needed. I also have an SC20H and the Silver has much more gain. It's a very full and round kind of gain though with the pull boost off, great for big fat rhythms or leads.

The clean channel is classic Marshall with that great breakup when pushed. This channel can do vintage crunches well though and with the pull rhythm clip you can get some great rock rhythm or lead tones. The lead channel is definitely more in the vintage territory when compared to my JVM but with boost pedals this amp can conjure great crunchy high gain tones!

I think it's definitely one of the more versatile 20W Marshall heads and it has a unique sound. I've tried to capture some great tones in this demo:

Anyone else have one? Or if you don't have one, let me know if you want to know more...

Just ordered an sv20h and matching 2x12 and looking at getting one of these in the near future for higher gain stuff, ive heard some people say the 5 watt mode on the jubilee isnt as good as the new studios. And how loud is it in 20w with the master down? Im not looking for bedroom volumes but not deafening either. Ill have to try one out but i think having the sv20 and the 2525 will do all the gain sounds I want as i dont use pedals for my drives sounds (besides a klon to push the plexi) Let me know of any cons

abkeller1

Reaction score
I got my Marshall Silver Studio 2525H in split vinyl recently from Musicstore.de for a good price. I think it was 666,- or something. I finally had some time to play with this amp. I really enjoyed it so I made an in-depth demo as well with a bunch of different guitars, styles and some boost pedals here and there as well.

I really like the look of this limited split vinyl edition a lot. I personally prefer it over the regular grey look but I know that a lot of guys don't like the looks of this version. I dig it's uniqueness. :)

This amp sounds REALLY good and it's probably one of the most versatile Marshall's I own (aside from the JVM). The rhythm pull clip really adds a lot of tonal versatility so that's a big deal! Also on the lead channel despite what some video reviews say. It gives the sound more bark, clarity and tightness when needed. I also have an SC20H and the Silver has much more gain. It's a very full and round kind of gain though with the pull boost off, great for big fat rhythms or leads.

The clean channel is classic Marshall with that great breakup when pushed. This channel can do vintage crunches well though and with the pull rhythm clip you can get some great rock rhythm or lead tones. The lead channel is definitely more in the vintage territory when compared to my JVM but with boost pedals this amp can conjure great crunchy high gain tones!

I think it's definitely one of the more versatile 20W Marshall heads and it has a unique sound. I've tried to capture some great tones in this demo:

Anyone else have one? Or if you don't have one, let me know if you want to know more...

I was thinking of selling my Mini for the SC20 for that brighter tone, but you say it has way less gain? Which do you like better. Do you think the Mini Jub is a darker amp? I appreciate your opinion as there is no way to test drive the SC20h.

abkeller1

Reaction score

I was thinking of selling my Mini for the SC20 for that brighter tone, but you say it has way less gain? Which do you like better. Do you think the Mini Jub is a darker amp? I appreciate your opinion as there is no way to test drive the SC20h

Latest posts