Sister Golden Hair, America 1975

• Thread starter reneAsologuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reneAsologuitar

Reaction score
"Sister Golden Hair" is a song by the band America from their fifth album Hearts (1975), written by Gerry Beckley.
Beckley says "There was no actual Sister Golden Hair." The lyrics were largely inspired by the works of Jackson Browne. Beckley commented, "[Jackson Browne] has a knack, an ability to put words to music. I find Jackson can depress me a little bit, but only through his honesty; and it was that style of his which led to a song of mine, 'Sister Golden Hair'."

I dedicate this song to all our sisters with silver hair!!!
My hair is turning silver, and a lot of our family members are getting up there in age and wisdom.
Respect and love goes to our elderly and our loving family members who we tend to forget and take for granted!

Feedback is much appreciated.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
You have a great singing voice and you picked a great song here. Well done.

If I must offer a critique, constructively, I would say that your guitar arrangement could be improved. The very smooth easy rhythm of the original song suits it so well, I'd say to try to retain that same rhythm while incorporating some creative chord changes.

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there's a song I had not thought about for decades.
Also:
"Sister Golden Hair..."
"I dedicate this song to all our sisters with silver hair!!!"
You're making me confused and furious Rene.