• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

SL-5 issue with Footswitch - drive side not engaging.

• Thread starter wolfcom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wolfcom

Reaction score
SL5 footswitch fault - channel side not working.

I've had my SL-5 in storage for 3 months and had it in the back of the car for the last week. Roughly done 50 hours on it. Should be more but there is a lot on my plate...

Got her up to the house today and dialled it in, decided to go clean and the discovered no luck with the Drive side. Reverb footswitch work fine. No damage at all aparent on cable.

Trying to find my dual Orange foot-switch that is storage, however the OEM has be fixed anyway.

So problem solving will be either switc or footswitch stereo lead terminal has desoldered itself/broken off the input jack on the back plate.

Am I on the right track?

It is just a Stereo operated plug is it not?

Would any stereo dual switch work for the purpose of if it is the footswitch that is the problem?

Thanks.

Part number (PEDL-00009)

Steeveejay

Reaction score
Just check footswitch with multi meter set on continuity /diode check ..
Hold the Black lead on the Ground on the 1/4 in jack ,and the red one on the tip and operate the footswitch. M/meter will beep when you have contact ..
repeat for the middle conductor . if they are both able to be switched on and off , the problem is the socket ,or maybe the switch on the front panel . from exp its usually a solder joint on a footswitch ,or the cable has been yanked and wire broken ..

Bruland

Reaction score
Probably the cable. They are bad on these amps. Buy a new cable with 3 "leads?" and replace it:)