Slash mudflap girl OK or NOK ?

• Thread starter Silverburst
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the mud flap girl ?

• Yup!

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Not!

Votes: 53 60.2%

• Total voters

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Really does look like she's taking a shit. Total fail...
Maybe Slash is into scat! LOL

rayc

Reaction score
It fails on a whole list of levels: art, representation of a concept - very confusing - Slash or taking a slash?, design, sensitivity, portability, hat size, niche marketing (should be sheesh marketing), cartooning, proportion, honesty - let's face it - it'd be far more reasonable to just steel the mudflap trucker design & put a hat on it wouldn't it? and did I say art already. In history the Marshall memorabilia archive will list this in the box next to ephemeralia marked juvenalia. Nothing wrong with being leaded & juvenile - just not on a Marshall please!

Roadburn

Reaction score
No... Electric Wizard's mudflapgirl is hawter....

RK473-t-shirt-electric-wizard-girl-n-bong-1243504081.jpg

spiritdave

Reaction score
Whatever your views, it's something he's had on amps etc for decades. Since he was essentially a kid. So love or hate that shit, it's part of his history and that's why he's got it. I don't like it too much, but then ... it's not mine. And it's not yours either :) I like the idea of something other than the marshall logo tho. Although when I re-furb by JMP I'm putting the Marshall logo back on, just a small one.

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score
Whatever your views, it's something he's had on amps etc for decades. Since he was essentially a kid. So love or hate that shit, it's part of his history and that's why he's got it. I don't like it too much, but then ... it's not mine. And it's not yours either :) I like the idea of something other than the marshall logo tho. Although when I re-furb by JMP I'm putting the Marshall logo back on, just a small one.

Agreed...
Slash can put whatever he wants on his stuff - pretty much everybody is fine with that - but that's not the point

The point is:
To make a line of amplifiers with that as the logo would be beyond ridiculous
It's one thing if it's personally on his stuff
It's something else to mime his tasteless garbage in hopes of getting a 15 year old to think it's cool

If that does actually go on Marshall products
That marks a Sad Day in Marshall history in my opinion

Mainly because:
1) Firstly it's a Marshall and should always be Marshall regardless of who it's designed for

2) It indicates a loss of direction and brand strength
Slash (as an artist) is also a Brand and his brand should NEVER supercede yours
any marketing department that allows that has lost it's way

3) Thirdly, as you stated it's childish
Slash drew that up when he was a kid 30 years ago

Rant over: :cool: I'm looking at You Marshall

Last edited:

Silverburst

Reaction score

Didn't know it went such a long way. Maybe his original girl was better design because that is what bothers me, not the actual idea. If it is Slash brand it is Slash brand, but I would've thought they would've put better designers to the job ;) proportion errors are just inexcusable. To add, brandwise, I'm glad Satch's producers didn't push the crazy extreme big chrome JSX logo that was found on the Peavey too much to the JVMJS ;)

Sigi M

Reaction score
At this point: My absolute respect to all art experts, designers and mudflapgirl opponent.

Because you're all so clever.
Here's a little riddle for you:

Eight of my cabinets have a mudflapgirl. This is 9% of all my cabinets.
How many Cabs do I have ?

Sigi

Ken

Reaction score
At this point: My absolute respect to all art experts, designers and mudflapgirl opponent.

Well some people like velvet Elvis paintings too so there's no arguing taste. Actually I'm wrong there but it's not worth persuing.

And you seem to have a fraction of a cabinet. You have slightly less than 89 cabinets. Does that mean one is firewood?

Ken

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well some people like velvet Elvis paintings too so there's no arguing taste. Actually I'm wrong there but it's not worth persuing.

And you seem to have a fraction of a cabinet. You have slightly less than 89 cabinets. Does that mean one is firewood?

Ken

One has a blown speaker...:)

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
total cheese & she looks like she's taking a big 'ol dump not a piss.
so in effect she's about to shit on the Marshall name..lol

on edit-oops. I didn't read all the replies.looks like I'm late to the scat party.LMFAO

spiritdave

Reaction score
I don't expect this to become a product line. That's why my post before actually matters. This isn't going to happen.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score

Here's a little riddle for you:

Eight of my cabinets have a mudflapgirl. This is 9% of all my cabinets.
How many Cabs do I have ?

Sigi

Errm.....:hmm:

georgiatec-albums-new-amps-picture8559-loadsa-cabs.jpg

:thumb: