• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

SOLD: 2005 Marshall JTM 45/100 40th Anniversary Limited Edition

D.M.N.

Reaction score
Hi all, figured the Marshall forum might have some folks more appreciative of this amp than my usual haunt over on Talkbass.

Up for sale is my 2005 Marshall JTM 45/100 reissue, their excellent recreation of the original Supers built for Pete Townshend and John Entwistle of The Who.

If you're looking, you probably know what this is. #140 of 250 made, these amps feature dual Drake 50w output transformers, a massive Drake power transformer, and a quartet of KT66 tubes, representing the earliest iteration of the now famous Marshall Super 100. This one came to me from its original owner, has been lightly gigged a handful of times while I've owned it (less than 10). Has minor bumps or scrapes, but spends most of its time within its custom flight case, and is in good condition for a 15 year old amp. Some of the original screws for the back are missing, as is one original washer (they have been replaced with equivalent screws and washer).

Currently it sports 4 Gold Lion RI KT66s, which sound excellent, and serviced by Revamp amps here in LA only a year and a half ago. Comes with Certificate of Authenticity, as well as its dust cover (though unfortunately this has started to unthread at the seams, could easily be restitched). It also includes a custom fitted SafeCase ATA flight case. Absolutely stellar amp, I've used it for both Bass and Guitar with fantastic results. Hate to let it go, but need to pay off my recently acquired '68/'69 Hiwatt, so it's time to move on to another home.

I'm located in Los Angeles, and greatly prefer a local deal. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Price: $2700 OBO

tzOaptw.jpg

BQpsk0r.jpg

ekbkvz2.jpg

bJxJd3b.jpg

gZiRhHe.jpg

TEqETE6.jpg

V6mtA74.jpg

zw57H0y.jpg

5ms7dWr.jpg

tZbXKLr.jpg

rtPi91y.jpg

S6TL544.jpg

vUYa0uT.jpg

jo6WhQn.jpg

Wl5TO1T.jpg

38psT6n.jpg

Last edited:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I'll give you a bump, that is a stellar amp at a fairly realistic and decent price. If I had the dough I'd be all over this in a heartbeat!

Good luck and if somehow some miracle of some more cash falling in my lap I know where I'm going with it!

FutureProf88

Reaction score
I'll give you a bump, that is a stellar amp at a fairly realistic and decent price. If I had the dough I'd be all over this in a heartbeat!

Good luck and if somehow some miracle of some more cash falling in my lap I know where I'm going with it!

Yeah I've been wondering the same - How has this thing not sold? I have a 45/100 clone or I'd be all over this too.