SOLD: Pair of 1975 20w Vintage Celestion G12S T1416 Mueller Cones - 8 Ohm - Mint condition.

• Thread starter BygoneTones
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
UPDATE: I've had these on reverb for a while now and still no takers, so make me an offer and I'll consider it. Although I think the asking price is more than fair at £295 GBP. People are asking way more than that just for a single blackback G12M thesedays, which is effectively the same speaker just with a slightly bigger magnet. I'll also do free shipping for mainland UK buyers.

Condition on these is absolutely mint, they are as close to 'NOS' as you will find 45 year old speakers. They came out of a non working Carlsbro combo that probably went kaput very early in it's life and then sat unused in someone's bedroom under it's cover for decades.

The cones are Kurt Mueller but do not have the 1777 stamp on them. This is normal for 1975.

October 1975 date codes.

Both fully tested and sound perfect.

1416A.jpg

1416B.jpg

1416C.jpg

1416D.jpg

Last edited:

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Still available. Can ship worldwide. Make me an offer.

If anyone is interested, I recently did a tone comparison with these speakers in a 4x12 just for my own amusement / curiosity, against some other G12S model speakers. The others were: Rola Pulsonic 1972 T1417 (75Hz), 1968 Pulsonic Pre-Rola T1449 (55Hz), and a 1975 Mueller Blackback T2305 (75Hz).

Compared with those other speakers this pair were definitely the most unique sounding. The tone is tight and focused, more of a scooped 'metal' sound, dare I say it. This is possibly due to the condition of them more than anything else. They do not seem to be broken in yet. Definitely a cool tone and a lot of fun to play through with high gain.