• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Sold!!

• Thread starter suhrimmetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

suhrimmetal

Reaction score
Well, band is on a 'break'... so up for sale is my MINT Black 5150 III 50watt head with Kruse Kontrol B2 Stealth Mod, Supersonic Mod, Variac Mod. These amps stock are one of the best amps for the money... versatile and great tones across the board... with the Kruse Kontrol mod, it takes everything to the next level! B-2 Stealth Mod turns the 50watt into the Stealth version...channel 1 is warm and punchy with headroom. Channel 2 has more gain, bottom end and much fuller. Channel 3 is more usable, rounder and less shrill. Supersonic mod releases compression for better cut and can be dialed in to your liking. Variac Mod allows you to have amp at 50-25-13-7-3 watts for bedroom to stage volume and use. This mod was done in Oct 2015 and before Jens offered the concentric pots(or LED switching) for ch 1/2 vol/gain.. but the volume difference issue has been fixed and Ch 2 has it's own gain dial on back of amp! This amp is killer and ready to be played. Just rebiased the 6L6's at 30mA... tubes all have plenty of life. Amp comes with original mint footswitch, cable, power cable and manual. No disappointments here!! Asking $975 shipped/paypald to lower 48. Would only consider trading for a Strymon Timeline + appropriate cash, a Fryette Power Station + appropriate cash, or a late PRS CE22. Cheers

5153's are good enough for Gary Hoey, Alex Skolnick, Joel Hoekstra, Peter Thorn, Jake E Lee, Clint Lowery, Eric Friedman...etc.. Good enough for you :)
http://krusekontrol.com/evh_iii_mod/b-2_stealth_mod_50w

Last edited:

saxon68

Just another voice in the mix.
Reaction score
These amps are awesome, love mine and its not even modded, I can only imagine what this adds to it. Great deal for someone, the amp sells for 1K new, and that's gotta be 500 in mods if not more.

Coronado

Reaction score
Oh man, for someone who has been trying to pick up a Mesa or a Mark Series, this is the last thing I need to see right now! These amps are frickin' awesome. Tried one a couple weeks back (actually the 100 watt, 50, and 15 watt) and I was very impressed (I even created a thread on it when I got home!). I cant imagine how this bad boy must sound! Damn...

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
$975 ?

That seems like a great price , considering all the mod work that's been done etc etc ...
These are a nice amp right out of the box , i can't imagine this one railed out !!!

Good luck with your sale !

(war)thrash5150

Reaction score
Damn...this is a killer deal. I was considering the evh lbx but with the powerscaling this might be an even better option! Too bad on your acceptable trades list you weren't looking for a mint XXX ii and Randall T2 plus cash hint hint...

suhrimmetal

Reaction score
Damn...this is a killer deal. I was considering the evh lbx but with the powerscaling this might be an even better option! Too bad on your acceptable trades list you weren't looking for a mint XXX ii and Randall T2 plus cash hint hint...

Sorry bro... Im all set gear wise besides the specific trades I listed. Cheers