• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Sold

splatter

Reaction score
I needed a cab and I bought the head with it. This is my first DSL and I am thoroughly impressed.
This head is near mint.The guy I got it from said it never left his studio. I had to replace the reverb tank and I replaced the cord on the footswitch. Now everything works as it should.
It has grove tubes power tubes and 1 EH 12ax7 and I believe 2 JJ 12ax7 and one has no name .
I did a short video on the ultra gain setting. In the video below I'm turning the reverb on and off to show that it works. Near the end I cut the reverb off and engage the delay to show that the loop works as it should. I didn't think to demo the clean/crunch channel but it works as it should.
If your not familiar with the features the internet is full of info on this head.
$530 + shipping
fQYkD0ul.jpg

CacgeWfl.jpg

BowerR64

Reaction score
I had one for a bit, it looked darn near brand new not a nick or a mark on it but i got worried about that bias drift issue the JCM2000s have and i was worried mine might have the issue so i returned it and got a JCM900 instead.

BrentD

Reaction score
What year is the DSL? It will be on the back at the start of the serial #
This is a good question but having gone through it recently I have heard up and down that the 50s don't suffer from bias drift to the extent that 100s do.

splatter

Reaction score
the amps with the bias drift issue were the early amps from 97 -2003 . This amp doesn't have that issue

splatter

Reaction score
I had one for a bit, it looked darn near brand new not a nick or a mark on it but i got worried about that bias drift issue the JCM2000s have and i was worried mine might have the issue so i returned it and got a JCM900 instead.

so you traded a killer sounding amp with a potential problem that can be fixed for less than $60 for an amp that sounds like $hit ?
to each his own I guess