SOLDANO SLO 100 AND CERIATONE

  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
3,460
Only downside on Ceriatone is the long lead time for a build, and they’re rare on the used market.
Nobody sells them it seems, and if they do they want more than a new one! I just ordered a couple knowing I will be selling at least one. But at least with these I have no fear of sitting on it forever or being able to get all my money back.

ampeq

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
2,804
Reaction score
3,460
Nik was about to release a SLO clone... any news?
I checked with Nik. The SLO is still in the works, however they are so backed up they are ONLY shipping what they can right now. This is why I can't order my custom amp I wanted to try, but the King Kong may do it for me anyway. We were going to try making a complete 2 ch Chupacabra amp. As for the Molecular, it is a Cameron Atomica, not a Soldano.

Deftone

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2021
Messages
2,898
Reaction score
8,395
Location
Auburn, CA
FWIW: (maybe nothing) but Randy at Phaez amps built me a low watt Mesa Dual rec clone, (which he claimed is an SLO rip off) Came out to be around 35w, I named it the "Nailbomb." Chassis alone cost me about $800, It's my favorite amp.

Phaez Nailbomb .jpg

Sourmash built me a headbox with no front panel and I made the panel myself, sort of a SLO/Single rec tribute.

chromeboy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
681
Reaction score
412
Location
San Bruno,CA
I can't afford a soldano. Always loved their tone. So, I bought two Jet City heads and cabs. The ones with the soldano name on on them and they are pretty close. Best thing is that each head cost me much less than an original soldano. These amps ( if you can find one) sound amazing to me. Great for metal, melodic metal, 80's hard rock and much more.
You don't have to spend a ton of money on ney for a good sounding Amp.

Darthslater

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
20
FROM NIK AT CERIATONE:

deanslater41@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:09 AM
To: Nik S Azam
Subject: Re: HELLO NIK..QUESTION SOLDANO SLO 100

OK NIK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME I HAD TO ASK I KNOW MANY GUYS WANTING ONE OF THESE. BUT I AM STILL WANTING THE SOLDANO..HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIX THE FLAWS IN THE ORIGINAL..WITH A REALLY GOOD FX LOOP AND GOOD CLEAN CHANNEL...

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 2:03:16 PM EST, Nik S Azam <nik@ceriatone.com> wrote:

Dean

I see.

Too complicated of an amp, that would not be possible done on turret boards like we do. Needs PCB designed very specifically for it.

As a product, it will not be that attractive for us, business wise. There'd be a niche market for those who want it, but most wouldn’t want a 4 channel amp like that.

Thanks!

Nik