SOLDANO SLO 100 AND CERIATONE

• Thread starter Darthslater
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ampeq

Reaction score
Only downside on Ceriatone is the long lead time for a build, and they’re rare on the used market.
Nobody sells them it seems, and if they do they want more than a new one! I just ordered a couple knowing I will be selling at least one. But at least with these I have no fear of sitting on it forever or being able to get all my money back.

ampeq

Reaction score
Nik was about to release a SLO clone... any news?
I checked with Nik. The SLO is still in the works, however they are so backed up they are ONLY shipping what they can right now. This is why I can't order my custom amp I wanted to try, but the King Kong may do it for me anyway. We were going to try making a complete 2 ch Chupacabra amp. As for the Molecular, it is a Cameron Atomica, not a Soldano.

Deftone

Reaction score
FWIW: (maybe nothing) but Randy at Phaez amps built me a low watt Mesa Dual rec clone, (which he claimed is an SLO rip off) Came out to be around 35w, I named it the "Nailbomb." Chassis alone cost me about $800, It's my favorite amp.

Phaez Nailbomb .jpg

Sourmash built me a headbox with no front panel and I made the panel myself, sort of a SLO/Single rec tribute.

chromeboy

Reaction score
I can't afford a soldano. Always loved their tone. So, I bought two Jet City heads and cabs. The ones with the soldano name on on them and they are pretty close. Best thing is that each head cost me much less than an original soldano. These amps ( if you can find one) sound amazing to me. Great for metal, melodic metal, 80's hard rock and much more.
You don't have to spend a ton of money on ney for a good sounding Amp.

Darthslater

Reaction score
FROM NIK AT CERIATONE:

deanslater41@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:09 AM
To: Nik S Azam
Subject: Re: HELLO NIK..QUESTION SOLDANO SLO 100

OK NIK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME I HAD TO ASK I KNOW MANY GUYS WANTING ONE OF THESE. BUT I AM STILL WANTING THE SOLDANO..HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIX THE FLAWS IN THE ORIGINAL..WITH A REALLY GOOD FX LOOP AND GOOD CLEAN CHANNEL...

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 2:03:16 PM EST, Nik S Azam <nik@ceriatone.com> wrote:

Dean

I see.

Too complicated of an amp, that would not be possible done on turret boards like we do. Needs PCB designed very specifically for it.

As a product, it will not be that attractive for us, business wise. There'd be a niche market for those who want it, but most wouldn’t want a 4 channel amp like that.

Thanks!

Nik

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 2:43 AM

THEY ONLY MADE A LIMITED RUN JOE SATRIANI HELPED DEVELOP IT, ONLY 500 MADE IN SPECIAL BLUE TOLEX AND THE REST WERE BLACK IT HAS ALL THE BEST FEATURES OF MARSHALLS BEST AMPLIFIERS THE CLEAN CHANELL BASED ON JTM 45, THE CRUNCH IS BASED ON JTM 2203 800 AND THE RED CHANNEL IS A HOTRODDED 800 THE CLEAN CHANNEL RIVALS ANY FENDER AND IS BETTER THAN ALMOST ANY OTHER AMP OUT THERE...THEY ARE NO LONGER PRODUCING THIS LEGEND MANY PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR THEM VERY HARD TO FIND EVEN USED PEOPLE NOT SELLING THEM IF YOU MADE A CLONE IT WOULD BE A SURE SELLER!! HERE IS SOME INFORMATION

JVM410HJS <https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/archive/jvm410hjs>

<https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/archive/jvm410hjs>

JVM410HJS

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 1:29:40 PM EST, Nik S Azam <nik@ceriatone.com> wrote:

Dean

I have no idea what that is.

Thanks!

Nik

Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:02 PM

ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT MAKING THE SATRIANI MARSHALL?

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 4:33:00 AM EST, Nik S Azam <nik@ceriatone.com> wrote:

Dean

Thanks for the email

Sorry, nothing yet on the JVM

As for SLO, we'd be releasing it soon, actually, within this year.

Thanks!

Nik

Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:44 AM
To: nik@ceriatone.com
Subject: HELLO NIK..QUESTION SOLDANO SLO 100

i HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO MANY OF YOUR AMPS AND I HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS ONE IS, I AM FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO OWN A JVM410 JS WHICH OF COURSE IS RARE NOW I THINK IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU REPLICATED THAT PARTICULAR MODEL AND ALSO, WHICH OF YOUR AMPS IS MOST LIKE A SOLDANO SLO? I WOULD LOVE THE CLEAN CHANNEL OF MY JVM JS

X2203xman

Reaction score
Ceriatone is a great company.Nik is crazy friendly and will remember you for years after building you an amp.I love my Ceriatone plexi.

malice95

Reaction score
I have a Molecular 100 and a Soldano Slo 100. They really dont sound the same. Molecular is a really hot rodded Marshall. SLO is similiar but its own thing. The mid placement on the SLO is different and the clean blows away the Molecular IMHO. Both are amazing amps however. You cant go wrong buying from Nick. I have a Plexi 101 all access, Molecular and a Custom Dookie modded plexi he did for me that NAILS Greenday.

Darthslater

Reaction score
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED MY POST AND PLAYED YORU AWESOME SOLDANOS.....YOU ARE TRULY A GOOD BUNCH OF GUITAR BROTHERS....I STILL WANT AN SLO 100
I PLAY AL KIDS OF MUSIC I PREFER HARD ROCK AND METAL BUT I HAVE TO PLAY THE OTHER UNMENTIONABLES ALSO HEHE.......I LIKE TO EAT.....I LIKE FRIEDMANS WORK AS WELL
BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT....ITS MODDED MARSHALS....WHICH IS FINE BUT YOU ALWAYS HEAR.....FROM ALL OF THESE BOTIQUE BUILDERS {SOUNDS LIKE A PLEXI}...THINK ABOUT THAT STATEMENT.
I LOVE THE SLO BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE A SOLDANO!! NOT MUCH FOR THE CLEAN TONE BUT IF I COULD AFFORD ONE...I WOULD RUN IT WITH MY SATRIANI AND USE THE CLEAN CHANNEL OF THE MARSHALL
I HAVE PUT MY JS UP AGAINST SOME VERY NICE CLEAN FENDERS AND THE MARSHALL WAS ACTUALLY THE BETTER OF THE 2 IN THE STUDIO. AT ONE TIME I HAD A MODDED 69 PLEXI WITH 6550'S
THAT WAS THE DAMNED BEST TONE I EVER HAD AND FOR THE CLEAN ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TURN THE VOLUME DOWN ON MY GUITAR DAMN NEAR CRYSTAL.....I WAS A FOOL TO GET RID OF THAT ONE
BUT.......GIRLFRIEND AT THE TIME NEED I SAY MORE? WHICH TODAY IS WHY I AM DARTH...THE GUITAR PLAYING MONK WITH MORE GUITARS AND MUSIC GEAR THAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED!!
I DO GET A DECENT PLEXI TONE OUT OF THE JVM BUT MAN...THAT ONE PLEXI WAS THE ONE!! AGAIN GUYS, THANKS!!!

Moony

Reaction score
Asking Ceriatone about a turret board based 4-channel JVM is really funny! :applause:

In regards to Soldano SLO:

Why not just buy a Jet City?
Their designs are more or less a Soldano Hot Rod Plus which is almost the same as a SLO.
You only need to change a few components.

If you don't need high power, I'd recommend the JCA22H - the EL84s add a really nice crunch to the sound.

Darthslater

Reaction score
THE WAY I LOOK AT SHIT IS, ALL THEY CAN SAY IS NO RIGHT? YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU ASK. I AM NOT AN ENGINEER I JUST KNOW WHAT I WANT.

Moony

Reaction score
I'm sorry, no need for yelling at me now.
It's just a funny question and I can imagine how Nik felt when reading it. :)

Have you tried a regular JVM (not the Satriani version)?
I personally like them better than the HJS.

Darthslater

Reaction score
SORRY FOR THE CAPS ITS STUCK ON...BUT YES I HAD THE STANDARD I STATED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD I COULD NOT USE THE GAIN TO THE FULLEST IT WOULD SQUEAL SO BAD, AND THE AMP SOUNDED TO COMPRESSED, IT COULD NOT MATCH THE CLEAN ON THIS ONE AND JUST DIDN'T HAVE THE TONES OF THE JS....WITH THE RIGHT PEDAL I CAN GET ALMOST ANY METAL TONES OUT OF IT AND IT TIGHTENS UP THE LOW END WHICH IS A LITTLE LOOSE...THE PEDAL TAKES UP ALL THE SLACK IF THERE IS ANY. METAL TONES OUT OF THIS AMP CAN BE BRUTAL....VERY HAPPY WITH IT I JUST HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A SOLDANO ALSO AS WELL AS A MARSHALL 6100.

proxy

Reaction score
Soldano huh ....
I sold mine.
I think everybody has to find out inside what you like.
If you are a crunch guy, then take a Marshall.
If you are swimming in the mud, then take Mesa.
Soldano made a great effort to please folks that do not know what they like,
And that is ok.
I just couldn't handle muddy soul of Soldano
It is an America
Ceriatone ...
You get what you pay.
You are not going to get great trans there.
I know it from experience.
I suggest you save the money and get a real deal.
If not, you will be supporting stolen ideas ...
Keep rocking....

Darthslater

Reaction score
HONEST ANSWER AND NO SUGAR COATED BULLSHIT, JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT!! THE CRUNCH CHANNEL OF MY JS IS WORLD CHANGING BUT I WANT THE SOLDANO FOR MANY OTHER REASONS.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I've never played a Ceriatone, nor a SLO, but I scored a Soldano Hot Rod 50+ last year..It's one of the older hand-wired models built by Mike himself..I love it, first channel-switching amp I've ever owned..And since I bought it used, I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it either!

I never thought I would find another amp I like as much as my '73 JMP 50 watter. Well, maybe ALMOST as much! :lol:

I don't find it "muddy" either, it's got a nice tight overdrive that's quite adjustable. One just has to twiddle with the settings a bit, I could see how some might think it's too muddy if the overdrive settings are up too high.

My advice would be to be patient and wait till you find a used Soldano at a good price! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm having a clearout as I have too much stuff. I have a Jet City Custom 22 and a JCA20HV - both with JJ valves installed by Jet City. Both brand new and unused with the all the original packaging etc. They are for sale. Only snag for most is that I live in the centre of France (Chateauroux region). Maybe somebody passing through this region on their summer hols.