SOLDANO Super Lead OVERDRIVE PEDAL

• Thread starter Deftone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

geezus. thats just damn nice right there. im glad it was Mike that did this,
thus nobody else gets the credit. it seems the race these days is the amp in a box
pedal. just about everything else has been done i think or at least close to it.
way to go mike. wonder what @Derek S will think of this pedal?

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
thus nobody else gets the credit. it seems the race these days is the amp in a box
pedal. just about everything else has been done i think or at least close to it.
There's already a bunch of pedals that promise the SLO sound, like Wampler SLOdrive, ALS SLO-100 (which actually has 2 12AX7's and is more a pre-amp pedal), and the original SLO pedal from Mike Soldano that was also tube driven and quite expensive if you can find them, among others that make promises.

But yeah, I'm happy for Mike to be making money off his brain child too! :dude:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
There's already a bunch of pedals that promise the SLO sound, like Wampler SLOdrive, ALS SLO-100 (which actually has 2 12AX7's and is more a pre-amp pedal), and the original SLO pedal from Mike Soldano that was also tube driven and quite expensive if you can find them, among others that make promises.

But yeah, I'm happy for Mike to be making money off his brain child too! :dude:
i agree but i dont know that any of them really sound as good as this one.
ive not played many of them personally though. heard a bunch of demos but you know
how demos go.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
i agree but i dont know that any of them really sound as good as this one.
ive not played many of them personally though. heard a bunch of demos but you know
how demos go.
And actually, the original SOldano tube driven pedal was quite good, as is the ALS SLO-100. The Wampler is ok, better than some.

Derek S

Reaction score
It sounds like a nice pedal in some vids, some not so much...but either way, it's not exactly replicating all the SLO character, I don't hear the distinct mids or punchy-ness, I mean it's cool, just not quite accurate/same. In all honesty, the affordable Jet City amp is closer in vibe to the SLO than what I've heard from the pedal demos. I don't knock Mike for jumping on the high gain pedal train however, these new gain boxes are not your pops distortion pedals lol, light years better. I remember the Bogner XTC pedals, then the Friedman BE, the 5150, etc, and now, the SLO...I don't think a high gain lover could go wrong with ANY of those!

edit: there's a few other SLO owners here, they may chime in too, I'm surely not the expert to ask lol

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
It sounds like a nice pedal in some vids, some not so much...but either way, it's not exactly replicating all the SLO character, I don't hear the distinct mids or punchy-ness, I mean it's cool, just not quite accurate/same. In all honesty, the affordable Jet City amp is closer in vibe to the SLO than what I've heard from the pedal demos. I don't knock Mike for jumping on the high gain pedal train however, these new gain boxes are not your pops distortion pedals lol, light years better. I remember the Bogner XTC pedals, then the Friedman BE, the 5150, etc, and now, the SLO...I don't think a high gain lover could go wrong with ANY of those!

edit: there's a few other SLO owners here, they may chime in too, I'm surely not the expert to ask lol
i havent seen many videos yet, just the above.
its hard to capture everything about a amp in a pedal but one can hope to get the
vibe of said amp i guess. at either rate that pedal sounds pretty good from what im hearing
though. im sure Mike is proud of it.

'2204'

Reaction score
Sounds great I think! $229.00 price tag on it--wish I had that kind of $$$!

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this pedal. I can't imagine it being any better than the Revv G3 I already have, but... the Revv is in use on the Marshall, so rather than sell the Carvin X100B half stack, this pedal could possibly be the ingredient that brings it back to life.

Under consideration...