Soliciting Suggestions: Rebuilding 80s Tone

• Thread starter 80sTone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

80sTone

Reaction score
Background: I think I mentioned in a reply or two - I have dropped everything (mostly modeling stuff - still have for other rigs but this is rethink of why I started playing) and back to simple rig. Lost my way I think with too many gadgets. Main bar/club scene within 30 mile radius is not my forte but see individual posts from others with similar appetite. (TMI??? hope not)

Goal - 6-7 pedals at most - well now 3-4 more based on pic below....keeping in the NWOBHM tone. Budget conscious and keep it simple approach. Already leaning to add a 10 band MXR and phase 90 pending price point (maybe) - but would like to see if anyone has some kewl suggestions I never thought of. This forum has a ton of great experience

Note: The 2204 below is modified for an effects loop so hopefully the purists don't get turned off on that but I have never looked back on that mod for any classic modular suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2204_restart.png
    Screenshot 2204_restart.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 16

hsb

Reaction score
Need some delay, MXR Carbon Copy is great and some verb, TC Electromics Hall of Fame amd may chorus and flanger to round it out for all things 80s.

Load a Seymour Duncan JB or Custom into ur guitbox and let it rip.

80sTone

Reaction score
Thx! Forgot the Carbon Copy - on its way! Just pedals though - the main guitar coming through is an old Carvin kit Walnut body I put together (heavy as hell but great tone) with some of their stock C-series pickups

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Thx! Forgot the Carbon Copy - on its way! Just pedals though - the main guitar coming through is an old Carvin kit Walnut body I put together (heavy as hell but great tone) with some of their stock C-series pickups
The guitar sounds interesting, I'd like to see what it looks like...

Dave_11

Reaction score
I had to look up "NWOBHM" -- not sure what those bands were using, but I'd think a tube screamer would fit in with 80s tone and be a nice complement to your SD-1. Those are my two favorite pedals to use with the SV20 for early 80s metal type tone. Or maybe consider a RAT.

Latest posts