• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Someone translate German please

• Thread starter ibmorjamn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
1. On the video click on the little gear icon (options)
2. Select "Subtitles/CC", then select where it says "German - Auto Generated"
3. After selecting that, you'll see a new option beneath "German - Auto Generated" that says "Auto-Translate", where you can select the language.

I'm sure the translation won't be perfect, but at least you'll get the general idea.

Heiko Jakob

Reaction score
First he talks about how he develops his solos, by playing the rhythm first, recording it, playing it in a loop and then just let his feelings with the guitar go until he has found something that's worth noting.
In the end he talks about how to make a guitar sound like a church bell, then two bells, and then three bells.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I thought he was saying something like "See me playing? I'm good, huh? It's pity you will never even come close to it."

First he talks about how he develops his solos, by playing the rhythm first, recording it, playing it in a loop and then just let his feelings with the guitar go until he has found something that's worth noting.
In the end he talks about how to make a guitar sound like a church bell, then two bells, and then three bells.

Ich kann speechen Deutsch: Guten Morgan, Mein nama ist .., Ich ist uber zu gein zu schlaff, Dann ich sein schlaffen. Ich hatte ein lehrer in schule. tun nicht denke ich ist verruckt.

*edit
Fine Heiko don't "Like" this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Torren61

Reaction score
Something, something, something "science"... something, something "German genetics experiment"... something "guitar player gene"... something "blue eyes and blond hair"... something, something "chicks"... something, something and something. I don't speak German but I understand a lot of it.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Basically he's saying "Put your fingers here, wiggle them really fast in this pattern...."

I'd almost think that's a prank video, where somebody dubbed guitar noises over the audio track. But since the objective seems to be "how to make your guitar sound like church bells" then maybe I can buy the notion that the audio is authentic to the video.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Very good , thanks.
I see a lot of pentatonic riffs. I know he hears music but doesn’t read it.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Basically he's saying "Put your fingers here, wiggle them really fast in this pattern...."

I'd almost think that's a prank video, where somebody dubbed guitar noises over the audio track. But since the objective seems to be "how to make your guitar sound like church bells" then maybe I can buy the notion that the audio is authentic to the video.
No , it seems that way but it’s German TV.
Long while back. He can play but not so much teacher.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you got kids????

Singular pal, singular !!!!!!

Alvis , you grew up So Cal for a while then elsewhere?

I was born in the Bay Area ,where I lived my 1st 12 years ....then everywhere else after that So CA,OH ,IL,MS. My son's mom is from Switzerland,so he's spoken German since day 1,and lived there since he was 9

Last edited:

Thevenin

Reaction score
A little late to the party here. Just came back from Germany on a 3 week visit. I worked in Germany for years and had to speak it on the job. Doesn't hurt that my wife is from Bavaria. That audio is old and Jakob got the just of it.
BTW, the Kaesespaetzle and Hefeweizein were great. Recovering now.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
1. On the video click on the little gear icon (options)
2. Select "Subtitles/CC", then select where it says "German - Auto Generated"
3. After selecting that, you'll see a new option beneath "German - Auto Generated" that says "Auto-Translate", where you can select the language.

I'm sure the translation won't be perfect, but at least you'll get the general idea.
Something is lost in translation. lol